Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 10-08-2004, 05:41 AM   #1
Tyrion
Quintesson

Am I the only one who don't know how to enchant an item?
Can anyone tell me how to do it? I really need to know...havee tried but its all so complicated....
Old 10-08-2004, 06:42 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

It is not too complicated [img]smile.gif[/img] If you want to enchant an item then you will need:

1. The item to be enchanted. It must be an unenchanted item. You cannot add enchantments to an already enchanted item.

2. All spells which you need to bound to the item. These spells must be in your spellbook. Scrolls or potions cannot be used.

3. A filled soul gem containing a soul that will give the item the "magic power".

Now, take the soul gem and drop it to the figurine. You will get a dialog, which will ask whether you want to enchant or recharge. Select "enchant".
Another dialog will appear, where you will select the item to be enchanted and then you can add spells to it. When you are adding spells, you must not exceed two values:

1. The "magical capacity" of the item. It's the "smaller" stat, IIRC, in the upper part of the dialog. Each spell takes some available capacity.

2. The "magical power" supplied by the soul. Treat the magical power as the "maximum of mana points". The total casting cost of the added spells must not exceed this maximum of mana points.

Click "Enchant" - and you will fail

That's because enchanting is, in general, overpriced. You need a very high value of the Enchant skill and very high values of INT and LUC if you want some acceptable chance to succeed in enchanting for some useful enchantments.

I think it's better to have your items enchanted by the enchanters in the guilds. They will never fail but it costs trucks of money. Well, the money need not be a problem in the advanced stage of the game.
Otherwise, you can boost your LUC and INT by means of potions and, if you can cast Fortify Skill spells (possible in early patches of Morrowind by gaining the Fortify Short Blade spell in Morag Tong, unpossible later, possible by some mods) then you can cast Fortify Enchant on yourself. Save the game and try [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2004, 06:44 AM   #3
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Have a soulgem, have a Soultrap spell. Cast a spelltrap on a creature, and then kill it before the duration runs out. You have now acquired a soul. If I were you I'd skip the whole 'do it yourself' deal and get myself to a mage to enchant an item. But if you wanna be a self-service man, click and drag the soul gem to your 3D doll, and on the prompt choose 'Enchant an Item'. Then you shoose the item and the magics and the soul gem and whatnot. If you need any suggestions on good enchantments, ask away.
EDIT. Stupid typos.

[ 10-08-2004, 06:44 AM: Message edited by: Bozos of Bones ]
Old 10-08-2004, 09:01 AM   #4
Tyrion
Quintesson

Well...the problem was that I didnt have any spells in my spellbool, but now I do. Off to try it when I know what kind of enchantment to put on that is good for a fighter.
Old 10-08-2004, 12:36 PM   #5
Jonas Strider
Manshoon

on a weapon? i like absorb health, cast on strike. the spell you can get from wolverine hall, imperial shrine. or get calm humanoid or creature, cast on strike. calms them while you whack them. totally wicked! muawhahaha!
Old 10-08-2004, 02:44 PM   #6
Niadh
Elminster

Whatever you do, do not put a "casts on strikes" effect on a bow. The bow doesn't hit, the arrow does so the effect is wasted.
A Knight is sworn to darkness. <br />His heart knows only hatred.<br />His sword destroys the helpless,<br />His might imprisons the weak.<br />His wrath upholds the wicked, <br />His word speaks only lies.<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.boomspeed.com/niadh/newiwsig.jpg\" alt=\" - \" />
Niadh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 07:38 PM   #7
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Or this one on weapon
- Weakness to fire 100
- Fire damage on touch 100
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 02:03 PM   #8
Tyrion
Quintesson

I like that one, Kakero. How much will such an Enchant cost me? Just curious...
Old 10-11-2004, 09:04 PM   #9
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Can't remember, maybe few thousands.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 10:47 PM   #10
Marathon
Elminster

Another enchanting question - I just enchanted my first constant effect item - an exquisite ring - with levitate. It would only allow me to go up to 8 before the charge was too much for the item. I levitate pretty slowly...

Are there better items out there to enchant (higher charges)?

What can I do to go faster through the air?

How much charge does it take to put a constant effect for increasing speed, strength, etc. on something?
Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote