Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2001, 08:51 AM   #11
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Cloudbringer, all you have to do when you are asked to view the dress rehearsal is watch it (so you see the lines) and then rest in the inn above about 8 - 10 times (enough for a week to pass) then head down and take the wizards role.

The lines you need to correctly speak will still be visible if you scroll up and crosscheck. Make sure you have a save BEFORE the dress rehearsal or you lose the original lines on a reload.
Old 01-31-2001, 08:58 AM   #12
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks, Yorick! Have you played through with a Bard? I'm loving it. Not specialized at much, but good enough as backup for *everything*! And the Bard Hold is right in the middle of everything- very convenient for running around on quests, dropping things off and toddling out to sell/buy at the market or Waukeens.
Old 01-31-2001, 10:35 AM   #13
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Yes, I LOVE THE BARD! I played through BG1,IWD and TOTSC with a Bard.
I played my first game through as a Monk, and my last game was with a Jester. Pickpocketing meant no money hassles either and access to some of the best items early on.
Old 01-31-2001, 10:40 AM   #14
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I never really took advantage of pickpocketing much. Probably should have! Last night I had Jan drink a potion of master thievery and run around picking pockets and stealing scrolls, he got caught on the second scroll he tried to swipe from the merchant in Waukeens. (by the inns)

Besides, with the skald kit, they take a loss in pickpocket skills for better bard song (increases ac for party among other things!)
Old 01-31-2001, 10:48 AM   #15
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

True, the Skalds song is pretty good. Can a Skald use halberds and bastard swords? That was always a plus the Bard had over the thief (plus longbows). I know the Blade and true Bard can, but the Jester cannot
Old 01-31-2001, 10:53 AM   #16
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Yorick,

Halberds, I'm not sure about (not at home at the moment to check!) but she has proficiency in two handed sword, axe, longbow and something else (two handed fighting style, think)
Old 01-31-2001, 11:17 AM   #17
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Sorry to get a little off topic, but since there seems to be knowledge of picking pockets here I thought I would post this question. I am at work and cannot try this, but are the effects of a potion of master thievery cumulative with the gloves of pick-pocketing? Thanks in advance!