Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 02-07-2005, 09:11 AM   #1
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

A question for the people that are currently playing World of Warcraft. What character are you playing, and how do you think it relates to the other classes? I just came back from a trip to the official World of Warcraft boards, and short of the Rogue and the Paladin, most people consider their classes to be heavily underpowered. Opinions?
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 11:53 AM   #2
Chris of the Dale
The Magister

Paladins are not as overpowered as everyone thinks if you can play your class properly. I do admit that human paladins have an advantadge over dwarves as humans get bonuses to swords and maces.
Old 02-07-2005, 08:58 PM   #3
spydar

I have been playing a druid mostly and I love it. there are a few spells for when you try out that make it pretty easy (but not too easy) to not get killed, and when you get to higher levels (as some friends have told me) the druid can be pretty badass. I'm also trying the shaman, which is really cool too, and a warrior. I want to try either the rogue or the paladin next. I get bored, so I need various characters, don't judge me [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-08-2005, 07:07 PM   #4
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Hunter, Shamans, Paladins and Rogues have no problem soloing. Fighter have some problem, but that's because theis skills are not balanced very well.

I hate playing my mage. She has trouble killing monster her level, and die often, but I'm sure Lord of Alcohol can tell you why mages rule. He got a level 60 ones.

Don't listen to the people on the wow forum. They will all give you reason why their class is broken and why x class is overpowered.

It was the same thing in City of Heroes and any other mmorpg I played.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:42 AM   #5
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Amen to what Luvian said about the forums. I found the best soloers to be Pally and Hunter. Shamans, Warlocks and Rogues come next but are a little more difficult and you will die (or have to run) more often solo with these classes. Warriors, if played correct can solo well but it certainly takes some trial and error. I hate my stupid mage too! He absolutely sucks, lol. Although, at higher levels with things like mana shield and killer dps spells it gets better.

Every char seems to come into their own at the later levels so do bear it in mind. I know you hear this all the time but with WoW you truly do start to see that each class has its defined strengths and weaknesses.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:35 PM   #6
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I did a LOT of soloing to lvl 60 with my mage, which is currently fire spec'ed. Dont try to spread the spec points out amongst fire/frost/arcane. You will lose out on things that help you , like lowering casting times and damage increases. Always start off casting from far range, when they get close freeze them in place, back off, more fireballs, then a combo of scorch/fireblast (which is instant cast but has a cooldown). This will result in little and often no damage from mobs up to 3 lvls over yours. Note that spells will often be resisted at 3 lvls over yours so use pyroblast with combustion if possible. If they resist 2-3 times in a row time to run by freezing them in place (if its back from cooldown) and run/blink. Also use mana shield. Your running, you wont be needing the mana lol. Also note going 4 lvls above yours, just go ahead and run in advance since your not going to win anyway [img]tongue.gif[/img] A mage can amaze people with how fast they can kill if you have a system.Once you hit late lvl 50's though any class will have difficulty soloing quests. Most are either elite or close to it. A number of lvl 60+ quests dont require a group, they require a raid group of at least 18 players. Its fun though,especially when you can field a good guild group. We are close, besides me we have a lvl 60 hunter, 58 priest, 50 druid, and a couple high 40 warriors. Rest of guild anywhere from lvl 20-35. Cant wait till everyones all up close to 60! Good luck, if you have any questions on mages I'll try to answer as best I can [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-18-2005, 06:34 PM   #7
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

What race are your mage LoA?
Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 11:58 PM   #8
SecretMaster
Apophis

Shamans are great to play as. They make amazing soloers, and if you spec out the enhancement talent group, you make an insane tank. Put the rest in elemental combat, and your pretty deadly.

But shamans have their flaws and like Luvian said, Blizzard designed most classes to have flaws. THere is no ultimate class.

I really want to try a Dwarven hunter soon, nothin cooler than a Dwarf packing a gun.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 03:03 AM   #9
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

[img]smile.gif[/img] I have a mean gun with an attached scope and I'm a warrior! Good for picking off mons so ye don't get mobbed.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 09:12 AM   #10
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
[img]smile.gif[/img] I have a mean gun with an attached scope and I'm a warrior! Good for picking off mons so ye don't get mobbed.
The true pioneering dwarf spirit right there.

I'd also like to see a gnome warrior. That is just funny IMO.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote