Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-10-2002, 04:29 AM   #11
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by dizzy:
I love picking on the bullies, it really is fun to dash someones I am better than you are attitude!
Have you ever tried to make friends with them?
I bet most of them are pretty lonely kids, and not just for being bullies but because they don't know how to make friends with others.

Old 06-10-2002, 04:42 AM   #12
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
quote:
I love picking on the bullies, it really is fun to dash someones I am better than you are attitude!
I bet most of them are pretty lonely kids, and not just for being bullies but because they don't know how to make friends with others.
[/QUOTE]how the hell can u make 'friends with someone whos trying to kick the hell outa ya'? btw, was there a point to this thread??? bullies.....are.... morons... a pity, you never have lol your party from BG around with you... lol yes I know its only a gme, but it would be funny to see how minsc would react. yeah yeah, its a serious topic.
Old 06-10-2002, 04:55 AM   #13
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:
how the hell can u make 'friends with someone whos trying to kick the hell outa ya'? btw, was there a point to this thread??? bullies.....are.... morons... a pity, you never have lol your party from BG around with you... lol yes I know its only a gme, but it would be funny to see how minsc would react. yeah yeah, its a serious topic.
I never said it was easy or even a sure thing with every bully but it is possible! Catch them at a time and in a place where they can do you no harm and start talking to them...either it works or it doesn't. What harm could come from trying to talk to someone in a setting where they can't hurt you?
Its not like you just ask them outright "Why do you pick on me?" (although you might want to ask later lol) but just ask them how they are, what comics they like, what they watch on TV, what books they read...simple things like that to let them know here is someone in the world who gives a crap what they think. You might be surprised.
Of course some bullies are going to be big mean and hateful for their whole lives but just think what good you could do if you stopped one from being a bully.

There is a point to this thread (see first post) and you gave us yours with your opinion of them

Old 06-10-2002, 05:30 AM   #14
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
quote:
[/QUOTE]I tried making friends with a bully once. Made him bully me less, but still made him bully me. I honestly just wait for the day that he tries to bully someone bigger than himself and gets his ass kicked.

I suppose that I should thank the bullies that I've met in my life, though, they're how I found IW. Everyone bullied me offline so I went online to find a bit of niceness.

I couldn't really bring myself to honestly fight back against a bully, it's just not in my nature to harm people physically. It's fun, however, when they try to pick on me verbally. Usually that ends up with them fleeing....
Old 06-10-2002, 05:32 AM   #15
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

true I guess....but then I only just woke up, I'm still not fully awake. Sleep does that to me. *yawn* yeah I suppose you COULD try if you really wanted to, but hey, its your choice
Old 06-10-2002, 05:40 AM   #16
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
ROFL Minno the bully !
Old 06-10-2002, 04:43 PM   #17
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
ROFL Minno the bully !
LOL I Know, if you could see me (5'4" and 98 lbs) you'd laugh at the idea, but I'd torture kids who let me in the worst ways I could think of.

I recently called the guy that I picked on the worst and apologized to him (twenty-nine years later) for being so cruel...turns out he had forgiven me twenty-nine years ago and was stunned that I would ever even think that I needed to apologize to him, he actually cried.
He also told me that my best friend from those days had stopped by his house and had said the same things to him I was saying (apologizing). He's always loved us both dearly and had never held it against us.
He is a one-of-a-kind-guy though...all heart from head to toe and sweet as can be.
We call each other every weekend and hopefully, one of these days, we can travel to see each other and have a day of fun...no bullying involved. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Its not always possible to make friends with bullies...I did when I was ten...made a friend of the new kid...an honest to goodness big, mean, heartless bully...we were friends all year but at the end of the year when he learned he was going to move away, he beat the living crap out of me and my (above mentioned) best friend. Thank goodness we never saw him again, the two of us together could do him no harm when we were getting our asses kicked!

Old 06-10-2002, 05:00 PM   #18
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
you're a good person Minno.
Old 06-10-2002, 05:06 PM   #19
Lord Shield

heh! I used to get picked on at school - I trained up and trashed them in front of their mates

Then I bashed the ones picking on my brother

Was a while AFTER school before i lost that thuggish mentality - my advicee is NOT to do that

Old 06-10-2002, 05:12 PM   #20
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
you're a good person Minno.
Now I am. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Thank you johnny!
[img]graemlins/ladyhearts.gif[/img]