Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 12-12-2003, 02:27 AM   #1
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

What a joke!!! I was all set to get it today.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 04:41 AM   #2
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Sounds like crap man.. :S

Well, at least I can tell you that it is worth waiting for.

Don´t eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 05:08 PM   #3
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Bummer. Why not buy the USA version...same format.
Old 12-16-2003, 02:53 AM   #4
apollo
Dungeon Master

Noooooooooooooooooooo! i was all ready and set for the weekend as well!i even planned a mini 2 player LAN with my friend Damit! Oz gets everything last..... First this blasted heat and then a delay for HOTU.....
Old 12-16-2003, 05:40 AM   #5
vesselle
Hathor

Exclamation

sorry memnoch! *gives you a hug* i feel your pain. holland got it before the us did by 4 or 5 days, due to some weird quirk. i was happy for gamers there, but bummed for me in nyc.
it appears everyone in the aussie release thread on the bioware forums is doing what we did for the us release... posting release dates given by local stores. so you never know! maybe you'll be lucky and get it a few days earlier than you think.

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
Bummer. Why not buy the USA version...same format.
that's been tried by gamers in other countries when the US version was released. it's locked down or sump'n, because they (EBGames, Go-Gamer, Amazon.com, GameStop, etc.) won't do it. they'll take your order, but you won't get it till after the official release day for your country.

V***V

[ 12-16-2003, 05:42 AM: Message edited by: vesselle ]
Old 12-18-2003, 05:34 AM   #6
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hmm, one could always ask a freindly person on IW to place the order and then send it on.

Don´t eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 06:14 AM   #7
Epona
Zartan

I hate having to wait for games, it's a crock of you know what.

I was very surprised that HOTU was released in the UK at the same time as in the US - normally we wait a couple of months [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] - but it's really odd that the Oz release is later given that for once it was co-ordinated in other parts of the world.
Old 12-19-2003, 05:45 AM   #8
vesselle
Hathor

yeah i agree... there really shouldn't be such disparate release dates, esp these days. so many people in other countries play english versions. honestly, even tho i'm happy to play it as soon as it's out... i think they should just hold everyone off till all versions are ready. esp since so many us gamers have friends they game with from all over the world.

*sighs* actually, i believe the entire game publishing industry needs a huge overhaul anyway. they still do things as if it's the 19th century. [img]smile.gif[/img]

V***V