Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 01-22-2007, 09:58 AM   #1
Sempr
Welcomed New User

Everytime I try to enter the Finale part of Dorns Deep my Game crashes It starts to load then suddenly dumps me from the game.

Anyone know of any possible fixes to this?

I'm spell bound as to what it may be.
Sempr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:28 PM   #2
Aerich
Lord Ao

Are you getting a message saying that there is an assertion failure in line 1763? If so, that's a known bug that is present in the game cds made for (in?) the UK; it's something to do with the manufacturing.

To fix it, you need a particular patch. Go here, to download and install the patch.

When returning to a save game after installing a patch, it's important to make sure that the game uses the updated (e.g. patched) version of the map you are on. Otherwise, your saved game will also have saved the original error. I would suggest returning to an earlier save game. If you don't have one, maybe leave the map, save it there, clear your cache folder, and re-enter the problem area.