Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2002, 12:53 PM   #1
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Hi!As you konw from my last topic i recently soled Baldurs Gate 2 and Throne Of Bhaal.Now i am playing with a F/M/C and i was wondering hwo i should have in my party(it must be only 1 person)for traps and such things.I was thinking aboust this characters to solo with:
Paladin-Cavalier(look at the resistances)-Human
Bard-Blade or Skald i dont know so you tell me-Elf
Figter-Berseker-Half-Orc

So this is it.Would you be so kind and give me the stats wich i must roll for each character...and if you have some interseting characters to solo with please tell me...and if you would wright down some WP(weapon profisencies) for my and your characters.

Thanks... [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Destructor
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 01:57 PM   #2
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

a cavalier with an 18 chr can get up around 24 fairly early in the game (making things cheaper, although in a solo game money is usually not a problem) (from blade of roses +2chr, helm of glory +1 chr, nymph cloak +2 chr, may be something else not in ToB (in ToB the Machine of Lum The Mad can give you another permanent +1)

with a cavalier, you want an 18/92+ str, 18 dex, 18 con (extra hp's) wisdom should be high as well, and charisma has to be high

a F/M/C can use the detect traps spell to find and avoid any traps you may find, and you want high stats in everything except chr.

the berseker, just needs high str/dex/con, although fighter classes are among the hardest to solo

I don't know about bards, which one is best for soloing, although all the kits have been soloed (including Jester) by people at one point or another.
Old 12-17-2002, 03:34 PM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
Hi!As you konw from my last topic i recently soled Baldurs Gate 2 and Throne Of Bhaal.Now i am playing with a F/M/C and i was wondering hwo i should have in my party(it must be only 1 person)for traps and such things.I was thinking aboust this characters to solo with:
Paladin-Cavalier(look at the resistances)-Human
Bard-Blade or Skald i dont know so you tell me-Elf
Figter-Berseker-Half-Orc
So this is it.Would you be so kind and give me the stats wich i must roll for each character...and if you have some interseting characters to solo with please tell me...and if you would wright down some WP(weapon profisencies) for my and your characters.
Thanks... [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
Destructor
IIRC, and IMHO...

Assuming all are Human.

Cavalier:
----
STR: 15+
DEX: 18
CON: 18
WIS: 13
INT: 10
CHA: 17

A grand total of 91 points. Hard, but not impossible. Any spare points goes into STR. Two-Handed Sword, Flail, and Two-Handed Weapon Style will be my personal starting proficiency points.

Blade:
----
STR: 18
CON: 16
WIS: 10
INT: 12( drink Potions of Genius or Potions of Mind Focusing to scribe more scrolls)
CHA: 15

A grand total of 89 points. Spend spare points as you please. I would put 2 points in Two Weapon Style, 1 in Long Sword and 1 in Katana. The next point maximises Two Weapon Style.

Berserker:
----
STR: 18
CON: 18
WIS: 10
INT: 10
CHA: 8

Easiest to roll, only needs 82 points to be very effective. Flails and Two Weapon Style, woohoo! [img]tongue.gif[/img] It is really all you need. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 11:08 AM   #4
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

stop me if I'm wrong, but I just tried starting a new character and bard isn't an option for Elves.
Old 12-19-2002, 11:16 AM   #5
Raistlin Majere
Ra

i believe your wrong there, karslovic.

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 11:23 AM   #6
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Raistlin Majere:
i believe your wrong there, karslovic.
Actually he's right [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] . Bards can only be human or half-elves although Haer'Dalis is a tiefling and he's one but apart from that you can only create a human or half-elf bard. [img]smile.gif[/img]