Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2003, 05:09 PM   #21
mysticelt
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
I wonder if Choc was jelaous...
Probably not though
Xen!

Shhhhhhh! Choc is sight deficient! (blind) and Z hasn't told him about any others! Don't mention it around the Choc! LOL
Old 07-23-2003, 05:41 PM   #22
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by mysticelt:
I was cleaning out the basement and found some letters and cards from boyfriends when I was 15 and 16! OMG! Yes! They had pencils and not stone tablets then!

I also found my POW bracelet. Did anyone else have one? It was a bracelet engraved with the name and rank of a POW in Viet Nam. My Navy pilot was released at the "end" of the conflict and I got to see him de-plane. I wore that bracelet for 3 years - HE WAS IMPRISONED AND MIA for 3 years. How soon we forget!
I had a POW bracelet as well. I did read a news article that mentioned his release. He also had been listed as MIA but was released after 4 years.

I never kept any love letters though. I have to admit that the stack wasn't to large, the dear John pile was just as large.
Old 07-23-2003, 08:00 PM   #23
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I used to keep my love letters (I got attached for the first time in Uni, but the relationship broke off after 2-3 years). During the summer hols when we were still lovey dovey, we used to exchange letters (he stayed on in the UK for his PhD studies while I returned to Asia for a break). There must have been around 40 letters from him alone (we wrote to each other at an average of 1 letter per day).

But I tore them up last year, along with my 5-6 diaries, because I knew I had to move on and not cling to the past. Once in a while, I question the wisdom of that decision but my heart does feel lighter generally these days [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-24-2003, 03:54 AM   #24
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

well now.. i still have mine from grade school.. when i was still in grade 5 or 6.. it brings out old good memory of how innocent i was then [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Catch me if you can..
Old 07-24-2003, 07:54 AM   #25
cazzie
Dungeon Master

havnt really kept ne but i can remember writing a couple hope theyre burnt by now since i cant even remember what i said lol but i do remember a couple of yrs ago writing over books n stuf i love...., sad isnt it ahh well those were the days
Old 07-27-2003, 01:02 AM   #26
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

cute topic!

well i have all of my present girlfriend in one or two envelopes...

letters from retreat... there that i have... kara is only my first, and regarding my first love... well... nothing... i didn't really write her any... i wish i had been cheesy then... it adds so much fun to the relationship... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-28-2003, 02:27 PM   #27
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I used to have love letters from days gone by... it was interesting re-reading them once upon a time. Amazing how when you're not in the relationship, you can see more of the other person's point of view...

Anyway, after a particularly difficult breakup, it was time to move on and leave the past behind. So I did... in ashes. Quite the personal ceremony it was, but I released them all to their lives and got on with mine.

So far, so good [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 07-28-2003, 02:31 PM   #28
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

[img]smile.gif[/img] Yeah, but who said this-- "You can't have a future without building on the past"

I enjoy keeping memories from the past, but I don't dwell on the past.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 07-28-2003, 03:29 PM   #29
Grendal
Manshoon

My mom and dad recently sold the house I grew up in. My mom called me up and said she had found something that was mine while packing. It turned out to be a sealed envelope and written on the front were the words "do not throw out" in my 17 year old hand writing. Im now 36 so Imagine my surprise when I opened it up to find about 20 or so love letters and notes from friends from high school! Sorta like opening a door to the past!
Old 08-04-2003, 01:21 PM   #30
SomeGuy
Unicorn

I just got 2 weeks ago.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi