Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-30-2002, 05:53 PM   #61
Roxi
Manshoon

quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:
IronWorks is growing at a tremendous rate. Sometimes, it seems we have new members joining every few minutes.

So, I'm creating an official Welcome Thread for all the new members.

Come on in and make yourself comfortable. You've just joined one of the friendliest forums you will find on the internet.

There are other members who are far more skilled than I at creating attractive Welcome Posts, so I will leave that to them. In the meantime, let me just say:

[img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

WELCOME, NEW IW MEMBERS!!!

[ 01-29-2002: Message edited by: Cerek the Barbaric ]

Hey Cerek, saw your greeting over in Striders 'First Post' thread. Thank you! Never had this kind of welcome at any other forum! I think I'm gonna like it here.

[ 01-30-2002: Message edited by: Roxi ]

Old 01-30-2002, 05:55 PM   #62
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Roxi:

http://www.3dpcgame.com/cwm/s/contri...onxs/wavey.gif

Like this :
[ IMG ] http://www.3dpcgame.com/cwm/s/contri...onxs/wavey.gif [ /IMG]

( but without the spaces

Trying:

[ 01-30-2002: Message edited by: Sir ReGiN ]

Old 01-30-2002, 05:57 PM   #63
Roxi
Manshoon

I'm trying! The darn thing. LOL. Ok, minute. I'll edit and do it again.
Old 01-30-2002, 05:59 PM   #64
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

quote:
I'm trying! The darn thing. LOL. Ok, minute. I'll edit and do it again.

Those HTML thingies can really be a b*tch sometimes
Old 01-30-2002, 06:04 PM   #65
Roxi
Manshoon

quote:
Originally posted by Sir ReGiN:

Those HTML thingies can really be a b*tch sometimes

Agreed! I just tried one with a loooong code and it wouldn't fit on the line. Kept breaking up. Will that affect it if it's on two lines?
Old 01-30-2002, 07:34 PM   #66
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

quote:

Hey Cerek, saw your greeting over in Striders 'First Post' thread. Thank you! Never had this kind of welcome at any other forum! I think I'm gonna like it here.

[ 01-30-2002: Message edited by: Roxi ]

Hello, Roxi, and welcome! What a neat sig picture you have. [img]smile.gif[/img] Thanks for saying that, I'm sure that will brighten Cerek's day considerably. Have fun here! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cheers,
-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 01-30-2002, 09:10 PM   #67
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:

Actually it doesn't exist for nuts like you. It exists so that the rest of us can LAUGH at nuts like you when they come here and say that they think places like this exist for nuts like them!

Very well said [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 01-30-2002, 10:06 PM   #68
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:

For these preposterous and slanderous allegations I will see you in court Cloudbringer!

Ack! Sorry, babe! Did the jury thing last week, FIVE rather grueling and tediously exhausting days.. so NO THANKS! But I'll arm wrassle ya.. [img]tongue.gif[/img] LOLOLOL

CB
Old 01-31-2002, 12:12 AM   #69
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hello again, Roxi.
Glad to see you here. That's really what I had in mind when I started this thread.....Posting an open Welcome where new members could come in and say "hello" while senior members could Post some snazzy "welcomes" without having to re-do the HTML code for each greeting.

Then the thread sorta took on a life of its' own and strayed off-topic a bit.

But you can generally expect the type of response you and Strider23 received in his thread. I passed over that thread 3-4 times before finally taking a peek...just out of curiosity. Since the titles don't always let us know that it is a "newbie" posting, it can be easy to overlook some.

And Sazerac,
I'm normally never as grumpy as I was at the beginning of this Post. Like I said, it had been a long day and I had felt like crap all day long...then I turn on the PC to find my "well-intentioned-but-perhaps-poorly-thought-out" thread being slammed almost immediately. It just wasn't the kind of Response I expected and it really hit me the wrong way. AH WELL, no harm done.

I do have mixed feelings about the thread though. It's been my most "successful" thread by far (I think I've gotten more responses here than to ALL of my other threads combined), but it hasn't gone the way I envisioned it.

I was serious about the possibility of the Mods Posting a Sticky Welcome in the various forums. You know where it would be most effective, it might encourage more "newbies" to "stick around" (get it..."stick around"....uh, why are you groaning instead of laughing?), AND - last but not least - it would eliminate multiple members posting Welcome threads every few days/weeks/etc.
Old 01-31-2002, 12:24 AM   #70
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Oh...one more thing.

Cloudy

If you EVER hit me with a dead fish again, I'll...(Cerek notices Cloudy giving him the "sweet, innocent, angel look")...I'll...I'll do something really mean(Cerek mutters weakly) Damn, I hate it when women do that.

Vaskez and Sir Regin,

Thanks for your "follow-up" messages. I really do appreciate it. I just took myself a little too seriously there at first.