Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2002, 10:17 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I would be interested to know what somg is the one that says all the right words in your opinion. The lyrics seem to speak from your heart and say exactly everything that you wish that you could say. Or, maybe you feel that there is no song out there to say it the way you feel it. Have you ever thought about writing it yourself?

Next question...Does anyone find themselves attracted to somebody because of their foreign accent? What about languages, generally...do you get the hots for a guy or girl that speaks french? Has anyone ever wondered why the French are the ones that get the attention for romantic language? I can speak in Spanish and attract attention just as good as anyone can in French...

Feel free to answer or comment to any one or all of my above stated inquiries.
Old 01-17-2002, 11:00 PM   #2
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Er,well, yes and no. About the music, nah I cant really find a song that would seem to express my feelings.

But then again I have never erally been in love..

About the Accents, yes, I do find the french launge,,,atracting.
Old 01-17-2002, 11:05 PM   #3
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

Ive always thought an English accent made a cute girl way more attractive, as for a song it depends what Im feeling, but both Ben Harper and the Counting Crows have a few good ones in my humble opinion, and of course Bobby Dylan
Old 01-18-2002, 04:20 AM   #4
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

The song "I miss you" by Incubus

here are the lyrics:

To see you when I wake up
Is a gift I didn't think could be real
To know that you feel the same as I do
Is a three-fold, utopian dream
You do something to me that I can't explain
So would I be out of line
If I said, I miss you.(?)
I see your picture, I smell your skin
On the empty pillow next to mine
You have only been gone ten days,
but already I'm wasting away.
I know I'll see you again whether far or soon.
But I need you to know that I care and I miss you.

My all time favourite song

And about the accent well Im currently wooing [img]tongue.gif[/img] a mexican girl who I lived in NZ with who has a spanish accent.
Old 01-18-2002, 04:49 AM   #5
LennonCook
Jack Burton

I have had a sneak erm.. listen to a pending artists songs. The guys name is CrownD... hes my brother.

One of his songs (Serenity Blind) does sort of express it. DONT ASK HOW. This is one of his early songs, and he wont be performing it in public.. he SAYS it lacks talent... i disagree.

This is the chorus of it (and all of it that i know )

We are they in the Untold land
Where the fires burn and the Witches sing
And dogs run free to rule mankind,
We are they in seranity Blind.

As i said, dont ask HOW i think that answers this question.. it just, does.
Old 01-18-2002, 07:19 AM   #6
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

The song by Aerosmith (done for the movie Armegeddon--damn, whats the name of it!) I can hear it in my mind but the title escapes me. It's beautiful and poignant--

Accents don't attract me, per se, as much as the voice itself. Certain timbres really are turn-ons, rich voices with deep resonance, a certain manner of speaking. I've been to Europe and it didn't matter whether in France, Italy, Spain, Sicily or Greece--it was an almost undefinable quality that sparked me rather than the lingual accent.
Old 01-18-2002, 07:23 AM   #7
Galadria1
Zhentarim Guard

Hi, Larry. I hate to be old and boring and predictable, but the Lennon/McCartney song "Carry That Weight" has always seemed to sum it all up for me. Also, I have always been a sucker for a guy with an English accent, but, I'm married to one from Texas, like me. Like I say, boring and predictable.
Lady Galadria, a proud Cavalier of Keldorn\'s Order; Oh So Simple Marshmallow Woman of the ORT. Member, HADB<br /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" -Saki<br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 01-18-2002, 07:46 AM   #8
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Garnet FalconDance...
That song would be "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing".
It was also done by Mark Chestnut (country).

I can't think of a perfect song that says everything I want to say to those I love. But, "Time in a Bottle" Jim Croce comes close.

As far a poingnant songs or melodies to touch the heart, in my humble opinion, nothing beats celtic music. Anyone who has heard Loreena McKennitt or Clannad can testify to this.

Accents are a turn on. Always have been. Maybe because they are exotic or different from what we hear everyday.
Old 01-18-2002, 07:56 AM   #9
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

That's it, Wulfere! Thanks. The lyrics keep going thru the brain but the title slithers on by... (The country version should never have been recorded it was so inferior)

Galadria, don't think of being boring and predictable---think of being comfortably cozy.
Old 01-18-2002, 08:38 AM   #10
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Well, Larry, you finally goaded me into posting something. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Knowing I can't resist such a subject (see my sig), I'd have to say this:

On the song issue, some that have been mentioned here are good, but lately, there's been Enya's "Only Time" and I just heard on the way in to work this morning Shania Twain's (I think) song (not sure of the title), but I think it's "From This Moment"...

As to the accent...yes, I find 'foreign' accents sexy. French and Spanish are good, but I really like the German accent myself. *hmmm...I wonder why that is...* [img]tongue.gif[/img]
[img]\"http://home.earthlink.net/~moraine_sedai/_uimages/dragonmage.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Alureth...Dragon friend of Lady Breanna<br /><br />Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.<br />Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force<br />Mother Hen of IW and Mage extraordinaire.<br /><br />Utterly in love with my soul mate, Hiram.