Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2006, 05:47 PM   #1
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

After playing heroes V for a few weeks I am back to Wizardry 8. Started a new party in Deathstalker mod.
Dwarf Fighter duel axes,
Hobbit Rogue sword and dagger,
Felpur Ranger bow, whip & shield, later upgrade to elder spider silk whip, human gadg,
human Bard,
human Priest mace and flail.

with all the good axes added in this mod the dwarf will be fun, he is a little lifeless in the beginning until I can get to the merchant above the falls to get better axes. Two fairy axes help and the the plague axe and I'm good until I find something in Arnika.

Just something about Wizardry 8 I can't stay away from, what's it been 3 years now and it is still fun as all get out.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:31 AM   #2
DraconFighter
Dungeon Master

3 years? I do believe this November will be Wizardry 8's 5th birthday. Was it November 13, 2001?

Times goes by fast when you're having fun.

[edit: typos]

[ 10-05-2006, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: DraconFighter ]
Old 10-06-2006, 04:36 PM   #3
Dave G
Elite Waterdeep Guard

But wasn't Wizardry 8 finished in 1999 (but not released until 2001 due to lack of publisher)? If so, then Wizardry is....

*counts on fingers*

42 years old! There's some English major math skills for you.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:01 AM   #4
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

It doesn't really matter, it's till a great, if not the best game today! I can't believe no one has picked this up and made Wiz9.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:20 PM   #5
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

I don't believe there was good return on there investment, or maybe Bradly just wanted to do something else. But if people are still talking about this game and enjoying it you would think it would be picked up by someone.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:12 PM   #6
Dave G
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Nightwing:
I don't believe there was good return on there investment, or maybe Bradly just wanted to do something else. But if people are still talking about this game and enjoying it you would think it would be picked up by someone.
True, but the people talking about it is a small minority. It isn't really profitable to sell a game to such a small group these days. The casual player probably isn't going to be too thrilled with tedious, slow, turnbased combat.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:49 PM   #7
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Dave, have you played the game? It's the only game where can put in on continuous combat (specially when you know your going to kick butt) go and get a snack and come back to a bunch a stuff lying on the ground.

Sorry about the major spelling mistakes!

[ 10-10-2006, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: Variol (Farseer) Elmwood ]
Old 10-10-2006, 06:37 PM   #8
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

It definately has an appeal to certain people. Those people are the gamers who have been around a while and enjoy the slower pace and deep stories of turn base play. It is nice to stratagize at your own pace. The gaming industry is geared to the new gamers who like the mouse clicking and fast pace of FPS and real time stratagy. Even if Jagged Alliance3 gets made, which is probably the best chance any sirtech game has of being made, the payoff won't be as good as a FPS and that scares companies and advertizers away. Will we ever see wiz9? Sirtech still holds the rights but are not shopping the title.