Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-15-2001, 11:55 PM   #31
IceFire

BG1 - Coran Sharteel Sarevok (resurrect him and have available as an NPC that has a new understanding of life and the world around him!)

BG2 - Minsc Imoen Jaheira Viconia Valygaar

Old 01-16-2001, 12:21 AM   #32
Moiraine
Anubis

Charlie's question can possibly make sense.

I freed Mazzy, and dropped Valygar to take her, in the ruins.
Then, at the end of the ruins, I took back Valygar and dropped Mazzy.
She then said that she would wait for me in her house in Trademeet, but then when I got there, she was not in her house.
(Or maybe I have mistaken the house ? A house in the center of town, full of halflings ?)
Old 01-16-2001, 12:47 AM   #33
Charlie
Lord Ao

Thanks Magness.

Yeah I finished that quest, probably didn't pay enough attention. Now I'm really gonna take the p**s....where's Korgan? I don't think I've met him yet...unless he was the paladin bloke from the sewers. I don't remember him in the C. Coronet. If my meeting with him is unavoidable then please disregard this. Otherwise a hint would be nice. Once I'm outta the place I'm in now I've just gotta give Imoen the sack and get another sensible party member.

Cheers.
Old 01-16-2001, 01:32 AM   #34
omegadawn
Welcomed New User

from bg1 -
kivan (so so serious an ass-kicker. lets give him an archer kit)
coran ( such a nice dex)
(cause they weren't in bg2)

and from bg2-
Jan ( funnier than big ol' stupid minsc)
Keldorn (solid like a rock)
Valygar (duel-welding Katanas I like!)

from both-
Viconia ( 18 wis and magic resistance, not to mention easy on the eyes)
Jaheria ( if only to reach higher potential lvls)
Minsc ( for Boo's sake)
Old 01-16-2001, 07:33 AM   #35
bobthealmighty

The only trouble with asking for characters to return from BG1 is that most of them have had some sort of tie-in with BG2. Coran, if I'm not mistaken, is killed (or you kill him) in a side quest in Chapter 6/7, along w/Safana. You kill Ajantis at the begining of the Windspear Hills quest, we all know what happens to Xzar and Montaron, Khalid and Dynaheir are dead, Garrick is in the Temple district w/his gnomish companion just outside the Paladin stronghold, and there are more that you meet that I can't remember.

Anyway, for the NPC's I'd like to see return:

BG1
Imoen (duh)
Minsc (serious comic relief--perhaps we learn more about Boo?)
Jaheira (after all the romance stuff, c'mon! plus, she's a great druid)
Edwin (good mage, well defined--if annoying--personality)
Viconia (seen her pic? 'nuf said)

BG2
Aerie (for all the romantics that like her, despite the fact that she's a whining barbie doll)
Jan (one word--turnips)
Korgan (the evil counterpart to Minsc. also a really good fighter)

Personally, all the other NPC are too boring (Mazzy, Valygar and Cernd), REALLY annoying (Nalia and Anomen), too old (Keldorn), or just plain useless (Haer Dalis).

Also, be sure to remember that many of the NPC's may return, but not be joinable. One of the problems I've had with BG2 is the lack of joinable NPC's, specifically in the thief area. Just my 2 cents worth.

Old 01-16-2001, 07:54 AM   #36
Armisael

Got to agree with you despite my earlier preferences; Mazzy is fairly boring, and yes, Aerie is definitely a whining barbie doll, and Nalia and Anomen are utterly annoying, and there aren't enough thieves. I think we're reading from the same script.
And on that note, damn I wish Yoshimo would come back. Too funny and useful to be killed off as a character.

Old 01-16-2001, 08:23 AM   #37
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Barbie doll?? Surely you jest, Armisael! She looks like a barbie doll that's been run over by a dump truck - twice.

I never ran into Coran or Safana in Chap 6 and 7 and I thought I finished pretty much every quest there was to be done. Was it a class-specific quest?
Old 01-16-2001, 08:26 AM   #38
Armisael

You know those three little no-point places that appear on yor map in chapter six? The Forest of Tethir actually has a quest in it, and it involves Coran, Sathana, and a female werewolf who's taken an interest in the blundering elf.
As for Aerie, I wouldn't go so far as a dumptruck, but I still swear to god she has a monobrow. A factory second, perhaps.

Old 01-16-2001, 08:33 AM   #39
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Really? I wandered around those places, got bored and left. Thanks mate!
Old 01-16-2001, 08:35 AM   #40
Armisael

No worries. I spelt Safana wrong, I was thinking of someone else... heh.