Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-18-2000, 12:52 AM   #1
ironfist

Melusine: Edwin will be the only one who gonna read the nether scroll, he said that.
if you answer right(the first choice, not the scroll is a party treasure)
when you get the scroll he will be able to translate the scroll later.
It's in his script and you have to wait...

Old 12-18-2000, 09:02 AM   #2
Melusine
Dracolisk

I'm doing the Nether Scroll quest with Edwin. He told me that he'd heard about the scroll and said we ought to look for it now that we're in the Graveyard district. I talked to the lich (I think he's called Neveziah) in the Southern Tombs for Korgans quest and said I wouldn't kill him. Then when I went to talk to him again, Edwin demanded the Nether Scroll, the Lich turned hostile, and I killed him. The following dialogue with Edwin hinted that Edwin had the Nether Scroll and my journal has an entry under 'done quests' which also says we found the Nether Scroll. HOWEVER, to make a long story short, the scroll isn't in the inventory????
OK, no big deal I thought, must be a bug and so I used CLUAConsole to get the scroll.
Now, if anyone is still with me after my long whining story: MY QUESTION IS:
The Scroll I cheated doesn't have any text on it. It just says Nether Scroll and that's it. Is this correct or is there something wrong? Shouldn't I have cheated it into the inventory?
Old 12-18-2000, 10:15 AM   #3
Newander

Edwin has the scroll but you can´t see it. He even said that he would use it for the party´s own good but that he doesn´t allow you to read it. I haven´t seen him use it so far. I think that it´s just a small quest to gain some exp points

Old 12-18-2000, 11:16 AM   #4
Melusine
Dracolisk

Is this true does anyone know if anything's going to happen once Edwin's got the scroll?
Btw if the scroll's invisible then how come the one I got through Shadowkeeper IS visible???
Old 12-18-2000, 03:46 PM   #5
stred
Welcomed New User

ironfist i answerd the 2nd option and still Edwin said he will read the scroll.If you could look in the shadowkeeper variables and tell me what tells about Edwin to change cause i know he transforms to something but its not happening,(i am before spellhold ,does it matter?)

p.s mine are:
edwinscroll=709677
edwintalkedaboutscroll=2
edwinwantsscroll=1
edwinmae=334886
Old 12-18-2000, 03:58 PM   #6
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

It usually takes a while (and I mean a while) for Edwin to finish translating the scroll (I think it is after couple of Edwin and I dialogues). Just wait and see what happens. Heh.......

And for those who want to solve Edwin's problem.....(you'll know when it happens).... the solution is trigger automatically, so all you have to do is wait (again)......

P.S. I don't think it really matters for choosing the 1st or 2nd answer when Edwin first get the scroll.
Old 12-18-2000, 04:00 PM   #7
Melusine
Dracolisk

Thanks everyone!
Off to play now
Old 12-18-2000, 05:55 PM   #8
ironfist

well, i dont know then, because when I choose the second answer
in my two games he never read the scroll through the game.
But he did translate the scroll a week later when I choose the
first answer in my third game.

Old 12-20-2000, 11:50 AM   #9
stred
Welcomed New User

its been 3 weeks since i found the scroll and i dont think hes gonna to translate it.. i should have chiise the 1st option