Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2004, 03:35 PM   #1
aleph_null

Well, I'd always wondered what would happen if you maxed all your skills, and I've just found out:

My 151st level Zenmaster just made 152nd with all (visible) skills at level 14, and guess what? I get 1 hitpoint and "Choose 6 skills to increase", but can't inrease anything since "Foo skill is at maximum"... can't choose *NOT* to increase anything & just accept the level, can't back out of the level up, can't cancel... had to just ALT-TAB it & kill the process.

The only options, I guess, are to either continue playing with a character permanently stuck at Level 151 w/the red LEVEL sticker over his dragon, or (what I'm going to do), abandon the wretched creature and play w/someone else

(Also, before anyone suggests it, I can't go to some guild and start training at level 1 in, say, Enchants in order to clear a skill spot because I've run out of things that a Zenmaster can train in... and switching roles kind of defeats the purpose [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
Old 06-27-2004, 06:31 PM   #2
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Yes, I remember having seen other people having that problem before. But then again. There is really no need to level up, since all skills are at maximum, it is almost impossible to still lack any spells, and the +1 hit point really does not matter much at that point.
Old 06-27-2004, 11:17 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

There is, of course, one other choice...

Grab a W&W editor and drop one of your skills to level 1. Pick something really useful, like Axe. That will leave you going for quite a while... [img]smile.gif[/img]

I don't know if Xignal's site is back up or not, but if you need help finding an editor, let me know.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 06:21 PM   #4
aleph_null

You're brilliant, Bungleau.

Now, after murdering Oakenmir again for another 11 mil (he's an elf) he's up to Level 196
Old 06-28-2004, 10:32 PM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

*bows* Thank you, thank you... the coronation will be Friday after the game...

Seems to me there is an upper limit to the number of levels, and you might be approaching it. Felix the Assassin may have gotten there before... he's taken a couple of his characters for extended long rides.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote