Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 11-04-2003, 09:27 AM   #1
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Okay - we've had many great stories from the view point of players' characters. I think it is time that we have a story written from the view point of the monsters. Perhaps one particular monster (Erathsmedor? the Leprechaun?) or monster type (Salads, Highland Rogues?).

How do THEY see the game? What are they doing when player characters are not present?

This may not be fodder for anything more than very short stories but I think it would be interesting to see how posters imagine the lives of the monsters play out beyond their brief and often final encounters with players' characters.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 05:34 PM   #2
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Having the Leprechaun give its story would be kinda interresting, yet, it would still be boring at the same time. Much of it would be repetitive since it always teleports away to another area on the land when you are attacking it. Well, either he teleported or was very fast. I havn't fought this dude for years, but he took forever to kill. I remember the first time I killed him, he didn't drop any loot for some reason, so I had to reload to kill him again. Luckily, I kept saving it very often during the times when he got away, so my last save wasn't too long before he died. But I remember those butterfly like creatures (sorry, can't remember the name) that would always make your guys go insane. I thought it was pretty hard to have those butterfly things attacking you while you are trying to get at the leprechaun. So parts like that may make for a story [img]smile.gif[/img]

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 09:23 PM   #3
bsftcs
Red Dragon

My people were in dire distress, I was sent out by our great shaman to find a warmskin with the ability to help us. I had been travelling for many days and for many miles, when suddenly I spotted a party of six by the banks of Nymph Lake. I knew it was of paramount importance that I got their attention, so I started speaking to them a while before I came up by their side. And... I walked right past them. The old trick: telling part of the story and then playing hard to get. But it did not work. They did not follow me. All right then, I thought: on to the predetermined return point and then back. Then I am bound to get their attention. "Come here, Ukabu", I said and walked on again with the adventurers hardly noticing me. Okay, I shall be fair and admit that my being hyper was partly caused by the hallucinogenic fungi growing in our underground caverns, but still these warmskins must surely want to be Ukabu. I mean if a green amphibian walked up to you in the street and asked, would you not want to be Ukabu?

All right, third passage. Argh, I was seeing stars. When I came to I was in the basement of a windmill. The leader of the party had directed a spotlight torch right in my face. Some people just do not have a sense of humour. All right, I must admit I could use the six bottles of ointment they gave me for my corns. That nice priest at Valeia would usually prepare some for me ad tell the couriers that the bottle's contents served a greater purpose.

I was just about to tell them about my village and how to become Ukabu when... they left. Augh, they had been playing the game before and already had the necessary words in their vocabulary. All right them, but at least they could have teleported me back out of this basement again... Helloooooo anybody there?
Old 11-05-2003, 09:42 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

ROFL!!!!!

Oh I just knew that when some of our creative writers set their keyboards on one of our GS residents merriment would result!!!

Good one, bsftcs!!!

Wyv
Old 11-05-2003, 10:47 AM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Me's likes being a Tinker... Tinkers is good. Good Tinkers gets many shiny thingies. Malgrim likes new friends, new Tinkers. Better than Plunders. Better than Skeser Da. Malgrim not likes Skeser Da. Not likes boogre witch.

Malgrim remembers something... grassy field, green trees, blue sky. Flying thingies... for looking, not eating. And in field... female. Female crying. Female have name... Prissie... Malgrim likes Prissie... Prissie likes Malgrim.

But Prissie trick Malgrim. Prissie only pretend to like Malgrim. Prissie really like sun warrior. Sun warrior like to play with lizards... and Prissie, when lizards not around. Big lizards... flying lizards... fiery lizards.

Malgrim catch Prissie and sun warrior in field. Malgrim hurt inside. Malgrim hurt now, remembering. Malgrim and sun warrior argue, but Malgrim no fighter. Malgrim number magician. Malgrim and sun warrior fight, fall into cave entrance. Skeser Da change Malgrim to Boogre, but Malgrim smart number magician. Malgrim not stupid... Malgrim Tinker, not Plunder.

Skeser Da fight with sun warrior, chain him up in dungeon. Skeser Da change Prissie to Boogre too, and hide key to enter dungeon. Malgrim mad with Prissie, even Boogre Prissie, and not tell her that key just stick. Malgrim smart... Malgrim Tinker!

Sun warrior die in pit... Prissie sad. Malgrim feel bad for Prissie, but remember Prissie hurt Malgrim inside. Malgrim look for way to end Skeser Da... find Skeser Da with eye. Get eye, get Skeser Da. Tinkers knows the way.

New friends help Malgrim get eye, get Skeser Da? Malgrim help... Malgrim know the way. Use flashy bouncy rooms to get Skeser Da.

New friends? New Tinkers? Where Tinkers going? Tinkers get eye? Tinkers? Tinkers?

New friends back... where going so fast? Malgrim follow... see new friends burn plant beast. Malgrim no like plant beast... smell bad. New friends going in Skeser Da special room... Wait, friends! Wait! Wha-a-at? What flash of light? Where new friends go? Who you? Is you Tinkers? Ise a Tinker. Why push Malgrim to statue? Malgrim no like statue. Malgrim no... MALGRIM NO LIKE STATUE! MALGRI-

*stares at his surrounding*

Oh. My. Gods. Pris. G. Torin.

*puts head in hands and weeps*
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 11:08 AM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

oooooo!

Good one, Bungleau!!!

Wyv
Old 11-05-2003, 11:59 AM   #7
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Me's glad youse like it [img]smile.gif[/img]

Whoa! Forgot the tag

A little love story in the Gael Serran, complete with betrayal and death. And... I'm not sure what, at the conclusion. I wanted to say something more, but I couldn't find anything that fit or felt appropriate. I just left Malgrim alone with his ghosts and sorrows.
-+-+-+
Old 11-05-2003, 09:22 PM   #8
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Whoops! That line above is supposed to read "Forgot the < / boogre_mode > tag", but the board must have thought it was a real tag.

Either that, or some of the latest additions to the HTML standards are far scarier than one might think...
-+-+-+
Old 11-06-2003, 10:37 AM   #9
bsftcs
Red Dragon

I wonder if any of you ever wonders what it is like to be a djinni. Does anyone ever appreciate our hardship. Most people say that, well, djinnies are able to procure everything and must thus be virtually omnipotent. Well think again. First of all there are our labour union statutes which limit our right to fulfil people’s whishes to only three. (Sometimes just one when the game designer or novel writer is particularly stingy). These rules were made in order cut down on the number of distortions of competition. Those are very anti-social, and we djinnies need to stick together although we are very competitive. I am even mistrusted by my own because I ended up in Wizards and Warriors. It is well known in the Djinni Union that the game has a major bug when it comes to the number of wishes, and many of my comrades suspect me of violationg the union regulations. All future games by D.W.Bradley has been blacklisted by the union, so he will have to resort to non-union djinnies.

Now, as to the working environment: Curled up inside a far too narrow lamp for a period that comes very close to twenty-four hours a day, three hundred and sixty-five days a year. The only light we get is that bit from the spout of the lamp. Those are conditions that would make even the most hardened Manchester Liberal ashamed. That is, I believe, part of the reason why all the djinnies of the great literature and of computer games are male. There are female djinnies around and they are doing a marvellous job, I tell you. They just never make the headlines. I was a member of our union Equal Opportunities Commission until a few years back when the commission was abolished. The problem was that whilst one of the commission members was attending a commission meeting some idiot who was stuck in a desert cave was rubbing his lamp and when the djinni finally appeared hours later to fulfil his wish some evil grand vezir had already married a sultan’s daughter or something like that. Well, I never really found out what the man was so upset about – it was pretty complicated. Anyway, the result of the conflict was that the employers’ organization forced our union members to accept that exemption from work cannot be given for meetings in select committees and other sub-commissions. So we are pretty much back to square one when it comes to our equal opportunities policy. So until further notice the female djinnies will still be few and far between. But I tell you there are some lookers among them. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The point is that we are not enough to stand against the employers’ organization. Our number of members has been rapidly decreasing from the middle of the eighteenth century. And since that Edison-fellow came along hardly anyone ever uses an oil lamp, so we are a disappearing culture. So basically, if there are any oracles or fortune tellers or villains or undead out there who think your union might be willing to assist us with a sympathy strike when such is necessary, we would like to hear from you. Thank you in advance. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2003, 02:38 PM   #10
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

hehehehe

Count me in for the sympathy strike!!!

Wyv

(red would be below but he's already been left twice in this thread so, if needed, scroll up to see his happy jump)
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote