Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2002, 11:19 AM   #31
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
bleh i'm now goign to become a vegeterian...

Poor deer... so innocent... why can't you just go out to a feild and shoot some cows or some swans or sea turtles or something?
Well, the answer to that will vary from person to person, but my answer is "Cows, Swans and Sea Turtles don't taste as good as venison. Cows meat is high in cholesterol due to marbeling (the fat runs throughout the tissue) Where as Deer have most of their fat in a seperate layer just under ths skin which can be removed from the meat quite easily. When preparing venison hamburger it is a common practice to add some beef suet (fat) to the meat because the venison is so lean it crumbles to dust practically when cooked.

More Im sure than you ever wanted to know about the subject

Old 11-22-2002, 11:23 AM   #32
purre
Banned

Well,I have nothing against hunting,as long as it is done with a good purpose (getting food),but hunting just to get some decorations from deers heads...sigh,I cant find that wise,it is unfair to the animals.
It is moose hunting season here,I dont hunt,but because I live in the country, all the time hunters with their guns and dogs walk in our garden,I dont like that...they scare my cat. [img]graemlins/kitty3.gif[/img]
I like seeing moose walking in our garden,but those hunters should walk somewhere else.
Old 11-22-2002, 05:41 PM   #33
The Ornery One
Drow Warrior

I used to be against deer hunting and me and my mom and sister would curse them (my dad and uncles) from being able to get one. They hadn't gotten one for almost 20 years until my cousin went with them and got an 8 pointer. The meat was split between all of our families and once me and my sister had a taste of deer, we quit cursing them and my sister even went with them a few times (but couldn't stand all the snoring).
Wild game and farm raised meats are the best! When my husband brought home a pig one year, me and one of my sisters-in-law said we wouldn't eat it (he named her Missy). Then he traded her for a boat trailer and then my brother-in-law got her back and he had it butchered. That was the best tasting (excluding deer) sausage I've ever tasted!