Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 07-01-2004, 09:22 AM   #21
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Hmmm.... your "characters in and out" party sounds like... Might & Magic 2, or perhaps 3, where you had to switch people in and out. Only knights could go for the super knight promotion, for example.

Your D&D party sounds interesting [img]smile.gif[/img] Would you make them all human, or explore the races a little?

And your basic party also sounds challenging. That was the idea behind the Den of Thieves game I played -- all rogues except one who became an assassin. I think I let a zenmaster and valkyrie in at the end of the game as well. It's harder, especially in the beginning game, but by the end of the game, it's a breeze.

The main thing is to have fun doing it, which I have done several times over. I hope you enjoy it immensely, and do keep us informed of your progress [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 01:07 AM   #22
Dang
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Hmmm.... your "characters in and out" party sounds like... Might & Magic 2, or perhaps 3, where you had to switch people in and out. Only knights could go for the super knight promotion, for example.

Your D&D party sounds interesting [img]smile.gif[/img] Would you make them all human, or explore the races a little?

And your basic party also sounds challenging. That was the idea behind the Den of Thieves game I played -- all rogues except one who became an assassin. I think I let a zenmaster and valkyrie in at the end of the game as well. It's harder, especially in the beginning game, but by the end of the game, it's a breeze.

The main thing is to have fun doing it, which I have done several times over. I hope you enjoy it immensely, and do keep us informed of your progress [img]smile.gif[/img]
I wonder ... M&M 2, I don't think I ever played ... was that the one with the big intro in the rulebook about all the things that had happened throughout the ages, and you were supposed to go back in time to fix things? I didn't start playing until 4 or 5, whichever were the ones you could combine to create the World of Xeen. I totally loved that one, but when I went back to play M&M 1 it seemed too out-of-date to hold my interest. 3 I liked, and that was one where you collected certain magic orbs and could decide to give them to the good, neutral, or evil king ... anyway.

And I wanted to say I haven't responded before this because I went home with my sister for the 4th of July weekend, so I haven't had W&W on my mind ... much. I'm still currently doing the Avatar, and from the 1st I've been wanting to make him be every class, except the ones he couldn't be (Wizard, Priest, and Rogue, since he started as a Warrior, and Valkyrie, since he's male.) Before falling asleep last night, I was making a list of all the classes, which one's he's already done, and what should be next.

As for the D&D party, I hadn't even thought of making any of them other than human. I've already played every Clan in the game, so that wouldn't be a factor, and as people have already pointed out, there isn't --that-- much difference between the clans. I also came up with a weak excuse for them not having their magic items, and killing things. I couldn't remember all of the characters when I started this idea, so I looked it up online. If the cartoon hadn't been cancelled, the characters were supposed to enter a new world, where they would rely more on their abilities than on their items. Sound like someplace we know?

But, I also have a couple of other games that are calling me right now. When I went to my parents' house, I pulled a Wizardry 7 save game that has been there for quite some time onto a disk, and I intend to import it to Wizardry 8. And, I am a big fan of the superhero game Freedom Force, and a couple new modules have come out. So I might bid adieu to the Gael Serran for awhile. Hey, variety is the spice of life, right?

Yep, the basic party could be fun ... I'll just have to see how I feel after I get done with the Avatar. I'm going on vacation with my folks in 2 weeks, so gaming will be on hiatus for awhile anyway.

Thanks for your interest in my adventures, and all your help, and I will try to post some details of the Avatar's adventures if I can stop playing long enough! I also wanted to tell you that one of the things I liked about Missy Hissy's adventures were that they were kind of a walk through, but didn't really give away many details about how to complete various missions. Ciao!
Dang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 08:17 AM   #23
bsftcs
Red Dragon

If you need a walkthrough you will probably have noticed that my Stackman Saga now comes complete with an index?
Old 07-06-2004, 01:00 PM   #24
Dang
The Magister

Yes, and I am looking forward to reading it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Dang is offline   Reply With Quote