Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 01-14-2007, 07:09 PM   #1
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Man.

I am so sick of feeling helpless to do anything and being worried like crazy about people.

And I think I'm gonna puke from being so worried.

And it's just bullcrap that terrible things happen to amazing people and I don't understand anymore.

And I'm not making any sense so I'm sorry I just need to write this out somehow.

Stupid ice storms, stupid people.

I think I give up.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
SomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:31 PM   #2
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally posted by SomeGuy:
Man.

I am so sick of feeling helpless to do anything and being worried like crazy about people.

And I think I'm gonna puke from being so worried.

And it's just bullcrap that terrible things happen to amazing people and I don't understand anymore.

And I'm not making any sense so I'm sorry I just need to write this out somehow.

Stupid ice storms, stupid people.

I think I give up.
Been there. Done That. I have learned to accept the fact that I am surrounded!

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 10:41 PM   #3
PurpleXVI
Emerald Dragon

Well, sometimes you just gotta let people deal with their own crap. In many ways, if they need you to deal with it, they haven't truly dealt with it. Some things are just out of your hands.

Lean back, chill out and see how things go. Pray for the best, prepare for the worst.
PurpleXVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 12:19 AM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Yep. It really sucks when bad things happen to good people. It sucks more when people don't see what's coming, and you see it so plainly. And if you don't care about what happens to them, that feels wrong somehow.

Well, that wrong feeling is mostly guilt, and a lot of times it's unfounded. Remember that free will works both ways, including the choice to screw things up. Some people will do that... it gets worse when you're a parent.

Sometimes, you just have to let them screw it up. And sometimes, you have to curse a higher power for allowing things to happen.

Then breathe, relax, and move on. Too much stress is bad for you... honest
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 06:21 AM   #5
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

We were walking our dog at around 10:15pm last night. There was about an inch or two of new snow falling. We were about 100 feet from the T intersection. A car came from the left side of the T to turn down the street we were on. It's a downhill left turn. He/She must have been going too fast since the car didn't make the turn and slid through the intersection and ended up on the grass of the house on the side were walking on.

My wife said that if we had left the house 20-30 seconds sooner, we all would have been hit. We probably would not have been able to react in time to move out of the way.

Things happen; who do you blame? If we were hit we certainly would not have blamed God. That person probably takes that turn every day of the week. They knew better.

Thankfully, they only made a big mess of the peoples lawn. They missed hitting the "stop" sign by about 2 feet.