Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 02-04-2002, 10:39 AM   #1
Black Dragon
Zhentarim Guard

I think the Rams could've done way better than they did, they lost to a feild goal kick in the end, 20-17, the Patriots shot a feild goal in the last 7 seconds of the game. I couldn't beleive how many flags where flying during that game. So many fouls. I think the foul that made the Patriots the most upset had to have been the one near the touchdown for the Rams, where they fumbled it, and the Patriots picked up the ball, then ran all the way to the other side of the feild, scored a touchdown, and boom, FLAGS. It turned out, there was some holding from the Patriots side, so that super fumble take away play, didn't count. Plus the Rams got a first down. So I think the Super Bowl really had me disappointed, If any one else has any opinions about the super bowl tell me and everyone else, I didn't like this year's super bowl though.
Black owns!<br />Dragons rule!!<br /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/blackdragonpic.jpg\" alt=\" - \" /><br /> <b>If the media decided that breathing wasn\'t \"cool\" anymore, half the teenage population would be gone.</b> --Someguy
Old 02-04-2002, 10:53 AM   #2
Thoran
Galvatron

Best superbowl I've ever seen, and I've seen em all for the last 25 years (and a couple more before that).

The Bills-Giant's game was close (the infamous Norwood game) but this was a real nail-biter epic. A 14 point underdog against a vastly superior opponent... a brilliant Defensive gameplan... a fourth quarter comeback, and the game decided with no time on the clock. What else can you ask for in a game?

The only thing that sucked about it was the MVP... the NE Defense deserved that MVP award, maybe their defensive coordinator, because HE's the one who won that game for NE.
Old 02-04-2002, 10:56 AM   #3
Black Dragon
Zhentarim Guard

Well yeah there was alittle bit of suspense but man, so many fouls and the teams where just not all there, at least not till the end of the game.
Black owns!<br />Dragons rule!!<br /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/blackdragonpic.jpg\" alt=\" - \" /><br /> <b>If the media decided that breathing wasn\'t \"cool\" anymore, half the teenage population would be gone.</b> --Someguy
Old 02-04-2002, 11:44 AM   #4
MagiK

quote:
Originally posted by Thoran:
Best superbowl I've ever seen, and I've seen em all for the last 25 years (and a couple more before that).

The Bills-Giant's game was close (the infamous Norwood game) but this was a real nail-biter epic. A 14 point underdog against a vastly superior opponent... a brilliant Defensive gameplan... a fourth quarter comeback, and the game decided with no time on the clock. What else can you ask for in a game?

The only thing that sucked about it was the MVP... the NE Defense deserved that MVP award, maybe their defensive coordinator, because HE's the one who won that game for NE.

Would have been nice if that VASTLY Superior team had actually shown up..if I was a conspiracy nut, I would suspect the league of arranging for the Patriots to win as a big PATRIOTISM scam to rouse the public in support of the nation..I mean come on an underdog fights back and wins against all odds.....pittsburgh didnt show up for thier game with the Pats...and neither did the Rams...Kurt Warner the most accurate passer in the league couldnt throw a spirla all night and he threw two EASY interceptions.....after the first quarter I predicted the outcome....Im kind of bummed.

Old 02-04-2002, 12:00 PM   #5
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Flags? There were a few YES, but not that many. Anyone remember Jerry Markbright (or however his names spelled) when he ran a ref crew flags were every third call! I thought it was a great game! The refs did well, the Pats defense won the game, the Rams DID have 400+ yards and couldnt put it in the endzone enough. The players and coaches of New England deserve the rings, they won the chess match.
Old 02-04-2002, 01:46 PM   #6
Thoran
Galvatron

No more flags than usual... more than some games, less than others.

By pulling out the conspiracy baloney the media is taking away what in my opinion is one of the (if not "THE") best coaching jobs I've EVER seen. The Defensive coordinator for N.E. won that game (with a little help from the team ) The Rams offense played a strong game, and moved the ball consistantly all game, but the N.E. defense kept the Rams out of sync until the 4th quarter (when the defense traditionally starts to tire out).

The N.E. offense, while not stellar, did hold on to the ball long enough to let the defense have a breather on occasion... and of course they put together two decent drives, after the Int., and for the winning Field Goal.

Sure the Rams were the more talented team, but if the more talented team ALWAYS won it wouldn't be a very exciting sport. I always root for the underdog when the teams aren't my "home" team so I thought that was a pretty awesome cinderella story... the Pat's were just more prepared, and it showed.
Old 02-04-2002, 02:40 PM   #7
Lucre
Elminster

Ok so! Let me get this straight - The patriots are the English team right? 'Cos i don't know.
Old 02-04-2002, 06:26 PM   #8
MagiK

I didnt mean to imply that I believed in any conspiracy...but at the end of the 1st quarter I told my friend that the Pats would lead, then the Rams would tie it in a big comeback and then in the nick of time the Pats would manage a game winning field goal....I then went for a walk...imagine my surprise when I cam back and it was 17 to 17 :/ and the rest they say..is history.

PS> I left after the 1st quarter becuase the Rams were obviously not the same team quality wise that I had been watching all year, not one of Warners passes was a spiral. Had the same thoughts about Pittsburgh last week too.

Old 02-04-2002, 06:43 PM   #9
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

quote:
Originally posted by Thoran:
No more flags than usual... more than some games, less than others.

By pulling out the conspiracy baloney the media is taking away what in my opinion is one of the (if not "THE") best coaching jobs I've EVER seen. The Defensive coordinator for N.E. won that game (with a little help from the team ) The Rams offense played a strong game, and moved the ball consistantly all game, but the N.E. defense kept the Rams out of sync until the 4th quarter (when the defense traditionally starts to tire out).

The N.E. offense, while not stellar, did hold on to the ball long enough to let the defense have a breather on occasion... and of course they put together two decent drives, after the Int., and for the winning Field Goal.

Sure the Rams were the more talented team, but if the more talented team ALWAYS won it wouldn't be a very exciting sport. I always root for the underdog when the teams aren't my "home" team so I thought that was a pretty awesome cinderella story... the Pat's were just more prepared, and it showed.

The defensive of NE was excellent! The game plan they came up with was perfect and the players followed it perfectly. Say what you want about the conspiracy crap (and it is crap) the Patriots deserved the win, the Rams fought hard but couldnt beat the 3-1-7 that NE put in at certain times. GB tried it, NE made it work
Old 02-05-2002, 05:11 AM   #10
Argus
The Magister

Great game...I thought it was expertly coached on the side of NE.

Really disappointed in the MVP though...how could it have not gone to the man who kicked the game winning field goal? or to the NE secondary that neutralized the "greatest show on turf" all night.

Brady's going to Disneyland, it will be interesting to see where Bledsoe ends up going...