Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-16-2001, 09:31 AM   #1
AcePylut
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm in Windspear Hills, and I can't get in to King Strom III's tomb.

I've killed all of the guardians and assembeled the mask - which should allow access into the tomb... however, every time I go to open the door, I get whacked with continuous fireballs and can not open the door.

Do I need to 'wear' the mask in order to open the door? Do I need to have my protaganist wear hold the mask or can anyone be equipped with the mask?

I have SoA and ToB installed, and have both of the current patches on them.

Any ideas or helpful hints? I haven't tried rebooting the pc yet, that will be my next idea to get into his tomb...

SPOILER
I've found a really easy way to kill the Guardians.... I have 4 ranged attack party members. When I open the door with my dwarf beserker, I force attack the dijnni with my archer type members. I can usually get the guardian down to "near death" before he turns red.... then it's 'run from the fireball' and then wait till he reappears.
Old 11-16-2001, 09:35 AM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

SPOILER
You have to wear the mask. When you then enter the hallway, you will see another guardian. He is the one that casts all the fireballs. After killed him, you can go to the tomb. You can also just use Keldorns true sight.
PS. If you havent killed Saria already, she and her party will attack you. A very tough battle, so be prepared!
Old 11-16-2001, 09:36 AM   #3
Ares

You have to have your main char wear the mask. Then you shuold be able to see the guardian...wait till you get the equipment on the other side
Old 11-16-2001, 09:42 AM   #4
Sir Byronas
Mephistopheles

SPOILER
After you use the mask keep her cause it can be worn by everybody and prtect them character from critical hits! Very useful if you have a thief.
Old 11-16-2001, 12:50 PM   #5
Link
Jack Burton

SPOILER!!!
An even better way to beat the guardian genies, is to let Jaheira summon one fire elemental, and send it in to do the dirty work. The fire elemental is immune to the damage the genie will (try to) inflict, and the rest of your party stands at safe distance.

Goal: Beijing 2008
Old 11-16-2001, 02:08 PM   #6
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

If you don't have Jahiera, your mage can summon one- lesser will do. That's how I did it, the first time
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 11-16-2001, 02:23 PM   #7
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Samia Party Spoiler
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
When I first met Samia, I followed the "reluctant" conversation path. I said that I didn't think I could do it.
She replied to the effect that I could.
The 4th option on the last conversation thread allows you to suggest that you will just keep the treasure for yourself since it's so valuable.
If you do this, Samia and her party attack immediately. The advantage of this path is that you can have your thief load the hallway with traps before you ever talk to Samia.
I used Yoshimo and set as many traps as it would allow in the area (approx 6-8). When the party appears, the traps will easily kill half the party (including the MAGE) before the fight ever starts. I then used summoned animals/elementals to occupy the survivors while I finished them off with ranged weapons.
Easy kill. Good experience. Nice items.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, I used Jaheira's True Sight to see the final guardian (a lesser fire elemental, I believe). I then used Aerie Wand of Frost and killed it in one shot.
However, I did NOT know the mask was more than mere decoration.
Thanks to everyone else for the advice to keep and use the mask.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Barbarian Magic Missile Toss a wizard at the biggest monster. Either way, something good is bound to happen.