Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2006, 12:30 AM   #1
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Just a note about the players that we have on this server a lot of the time, things that I have observed while in game.
Most of us are anxiously awaiting the new hak pack that you have been working on, and as TDC said in another thread, we've been everywhere, and done everything, not once or twice, but probably a hundred times, and some of us probably more. Anyway, the point is, Roddybug and my self running through lvl 7, and Mozenwrathe trying to catch us up, I go back to help, and come back, and Roddy's char is just standing there, for a 1/2 hour just standing there, come to find out, he went to sleep on his key board.
I've caught myself doing the same thing, I'm tired, want to go to bed, but I'm having so much fun, I can't, I'm afraid I'll miss something. Flash back to some of the ancient threads in here featuring myself, and Micah Foehammer, and some of the tales we've watched play out when it was an all one party, local vault server. The truly dedicated paladin fighting Ol' Red comes to mind, amongst some simply amazing tales against that mean old Green on lvl 8.
For myself, I've been having problems with my illness, and it's kept me from playing a lot, I just can't sit at the desk very long any more. In fact, I got in trouble on the server where I dm sometimes, not really, but he was concerned because he hadn't seen me on in a few days. Sometimes timing is everything, when he asked me about it on IM, I'd been in for a couple of hours, before he got out of bed to see me.
I just wanted to say that you have a lot of players that are in and out. I've seen it empty a few times, but mostly it's had one or two players when I log in. I know it gets frustrating to see the server standing empty a lot, it frustrates me at the other server, and I've been there, like here, for three years, mostly, if I'm able to be online, I'm in one or the other. I'm not sure, but I think a lot of people probably feel the same way as I do; I'd really miss the server if it wasn't up. I've played a few other servers that are no longer around, and it's depressing. Don't give up on a good thing dude.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 12:52 AM   #2
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by robertthebard:
Just a note about the players that we have on this server a lot of the time, things that I have observed while in game.
Most of us are anxiously awaiting the new hak pack that you have been working on, and as TDC said in another thread, we've been everywhere, and done everything, not once or twice, but probably a hundred times, and some of us probably more. Anyway, the point is, Roddybug and my self running through lvl 7, and Mozenwrathe trying to catch us up, I go back to help, and come back, and Roddy's char is just standing there, for a 1/2 hour just standing there, come to find out, he went to sleep on his key board.
I've caught myself doing the same thing, I'm tired, want to go to bed, but I'm having so much fun, I can't, I'm afraid I'll miss something. Flash back to some of the ancient threads in here featuring myself, and Micah Foehammer, and some of the tales we've watched play out when it was an all one party, local vault server. The truly dedicated paladin fighting Ol' Red comes to mind, amongst some simply amazing tales against that mean old Green on lvl 8.
For myself, I've been having problems with my illness, and it's kept me from playing a lot, I just can't sit at the desk very long any more. In fact, I got in trouble on the server where I dm sometimes, not really, but he was concerned because he hadn't seen me on in a few days. Sometimes timing is everything, when he asked me about it on IM, I'd been in for a couple of hours, before he got out of bed to see me.
I just wanted to say that you have a lot of players that are in and out. I've seen it empty a few times, but mostly it's had one or two players when I log in. I know it gets frustrating to see the server standing empty a lot, it frustrates me at the other server, and I've been there, like here, for three years, mostly, if I'm able to be online, I'm in one or the other. I'm not sure, but I think a lot of people probably feel the same way as I do; I'd really miss the server if it wasn't up. I've played a few other servers that are no longer around, and it's depressing. Don't give up on a good thing dude.
Quoted for truth.

Couldn't have said it better my self.

I do miss the old stomping ground and you have to admit. When I can still remember where the badguys are and where you can find the best loot after not being around much you have definatly left an impression.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:08 AM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

[img]smile.gif[/img] Thanks guys! I know loads of people love it-- And believe me, I know who the regulars are, and it really makes me feel good that people can play it all the time, and still have fun and stuff. It's what keeps me going! [img]smile.gif[/img]

The only way the server would go down, would be either: 1. Someone went back in time, messed with the timeline to where PC's were not invented. (grin) or 2. the server was empty 90% of the time, and it usually isn't empty for more than an hour usually.

BTW, It'll pick up a LOT when the summer comes too -- even more so with the new hakpak, and new levels! Should be awesome!!

Then we'll do NWN2, and enjoy that too!
I may even make an Oblivion mod, dunno yet..

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 02:50 AM   #4
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Hey, I am in enough trouble as it is.

I haven't been writing much, but at least I have been antisocial by being on here instead of ignoring everything and everyone completely. Been using here as a place to release tension and escape everything. Sure, I am on sporadically - like many of your players, Ziroc - but I harass my friends about this place all the time. If cash starts rolling through again, I'll be picking up two more copies of NWN: Diamond just to get them inside of this place.

You thought I was joking about that part, didn't you? *smirks a bit* Nope, I've bought the game for two friends of mine before. Sadly, neither made it here but they loved it. Brought in another few friends of mine from around as well. Quite a few I am sure will be more than interested to see the newly revised edition of your module when all the new editions have been made and that long awaited hackpak is polished off.

Whatever you do, don't close the server. People with lives play your module. People without lives play your module. Heck, the Yamato No Orochi was online with Vermithrax Pejorative and Tiamat in a party with Dunkelzahn (who as it turned out was playing a bard) a few weeks ago. Now, if you really want to go and tick off dragons who can go online at will, you are on your own. I'd strongly suggest keeping the lines online, as I know that V.P. was a little ticked that his druid/shifter build wasn't able to take out those "false, hollow toothed, bony lizards calling themselves dragons" in one pimp slap. And yes, he found a way to do a pimp slap attack. Wouldn't tell me how he did it though.

And if you are wondering why the lack of posts by me, it's simple: I've effectively killed topics just by posting in them. I got nailed for overposting at least once (which I was by accidentally jacking ancient posts which I didn't know you could do). And I think I've filled your forums with so many random comcepts and possibilities that even if you actually ran out of your own ideas, one look through some of my rants would get you started for another year.

Relax.

Breathe a little.

And enjoy your work.

Just don't relax too much, as your true fans are still here chomping at the bit for the opportunity to see the new track.
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 05:21 AM   #5
roddybug
Manshoon

Hear, hear to all this! I've been everywhere, done everything and bought the T-shirt (you don't do Undermountain T-shirts do you?). There are a few changes to some areas every now and then, but l'm really waiting for the new content and hak-pak. If I log on and I'm invited into a party I'll stick around playing a lot longer, too much longer sometimes as rtb so kindly pointed out [img]smile.gif[/img] It was 0530 here and I was having a power nap!
roddybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 10:22 AM   #6
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I was reacting to a post in another thread, and thought it would be nice to let you know that we are out here, and we are paying attention. I am one of the have no life players, so sometimes my online times are kind of strange, but I pop in. I have found that Bill needs to hear this stuff every once in a while as well. It's a lot of work to keep a server up for 3 years, and keep it interesting while you are doing it. You have done a great job with this one.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 07:44 PM   #7
Sir Anthony Proudheart
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Great job...???? I would call it a superhuman, herculean, fantasmagorical feat! Almost as impressive as the Simpsons run. Has anybody seen that they now have a real persons parody of the show's opening now? Your stuff kicks the original NWN stuff in the posterior! I am killing dragons at 10th level there. From my many years of playing board games, the word dragon sends spasms of fear straight through my colon and onto my Hanes! The NWN difficulty level is pretty lame if 1 character with a +2 sword can send one to a long dirt nap. I cringe everytime I descend to a lower level in EFU because I never know what horrors you will unleash upon my poor weapon clad wariror. One would assume that a 40th level character who is in line for demi-goddom and perhaps a shot at a big time pantheon could have his way with many a spell, trap, or foe. Not so!!! But that is what makes your world so much fun! The heightened sense of death is palpable every time I turn on my nightlight(for ambiance) and bid farewell to Durnan. Your passion will be quite the fashion once you let it go. We promise that we'll take good care of it and love it like our own.

Fan your flame and we'll proclaim your name!
Sir Anthony Proudheart the Justice bringer
Old 03-07-2006, 11:20 PM   #8
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Yeah, I nearly thought it a joke when someone on level 5 killed an old red dragon (with normal NWN hit points).. I laughed, and was like.. omg. 1 person CANNOT kill an old Dragon that easy.. no way.

So I introduced REAL Dragons. [img]smile.gif[/img] with 5000+ HPs and are deadly like they should be!

Wait till you see the metal mage and HIS creations.. Undermountain is about to get a WHOLE lot bigger--and deadlier

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 01:08 AM   #9
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

All I can say is bring it on big guy!
Old 03-08-2006, 01:44 AM   #10
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Wait till you see the metal mage and HIS creations.. Undermountain is about to get a WHOLE lot bigger--and deadlier
I saw one of his creations in the dwarf fortress on L13. Wonked him convincingly as well

Is L14 going to be open for business in the latest release?

[img]smile.gif[/img]