Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 04-03-2001, 12:50 AM   #1
KattB
Dungeon Master

I just got done killing Nega. two of my party are dead, ( the two prist), 3 of them are poisond and I am out of cure potion. and am fast running out of heal potion as they need it all the time the posin is working fast. I have NO saved games outside of the temple and I don't have any before where I enter the surpet door thing, where you use tine insence,etc. Does this mean I have to quit the game start over..again, and this time get more cur's (I started with 12)? I hate to do thata, it is such a pain to do the first over again and save the money and gain the levels,etc. Is there a way for me to get out of the temple form where I am, and not fight any main baddies, get heled, more cures, and come back and fight the last of them?
Kathy
KattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 01:06 AM   #2
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

I do not know a way out of the Temple until after you fight Elyssia and that is a rough fight. There are a couple of things you can do, tho. There is a fountain after the Naga. I do not remember if it is cure or heal fountain, tho. But I do remember some potions in the chests next to the fountain.

Give that a try, but if it does not work out for you, you may have to start over.

If you do have to start over, think about getting a Wizard to level 7 Stone spells quickly. Meteorstorm is one spell that the Naga is not immune to and it helps save your characters some major damage.

Knarfling
Knarfling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 01:21 AM   #3
Moni

Another tip...when you reach the auditorium where you will encounter Ellyssia, don't even go in...throw a strong distance spell at her and run when she is hit...she is going to summon a bunch of priests to come after you so keep running around the small square hallway prior to the auditorium door and take these guys out one by one. Go back and hit her again...she will likely come after you at this point so keep backing off and hitting her even if you have to wait for her to round corners.

Best of luck making it out with the rest of your party alive!!!

Moni
Old 04-03-2001, 04:43 AM   #4
carg
The Magister

Kathy, if you do restart, try to get the cure poison spell (vine 4) before entering the temple!
And use multiple save files! I always keep an extra save file at the start of the current dungeon. That way, if I really mess up, I only have to do that dungeon again.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 07:43 AM   #5
KattB
Dungeon Master

thanks. *sigh* I don't think I have a choice but to start over again. what a pain! the most I have is up to a level 3 vine and a leverl one, or two stone. I would be fine if I had enough cures. but they take thier toil. now I have to use a heal about, constent. no way I can fight the last the way I am, I barly keep alive with healing all the time, no time to fight. I got to the fouten but don't think there is enough cure. I lost two of my ppl, and all but the wiz. is poisoned. and her I used a life scroll on. but I only had one.
oh well. the hardest part, is I got use to fighting harder ppl and when you start over the easest of things do you in. and I HATE the cript. sigh. oh well, I don't see much choice. I need to ask tho, I may save my save file off and on, what do I need to save? that way if it happens again (and I bet it will..*sigh*)I won't have to start all over again.
thanks
Kathy
Old 04-03-2001, 09:17 AM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Katt - you can REVERT game which will just reset the Temple so you don't have to go all the way back to the very beginning. Try that first!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 10:46 AM   #7
carg
The Magister

To be more precise: if you use the 'revert game' button in an Inn, you will restore the game to when you last left a city. This is sort of a reserve save file. You can just go to the Ishad N'Ha Inn, add your characters to the party again, and be off.
(To completely start all over, you need to use 'restart adventures' in the game options; but even then you can use the current characters, which makes the start a lot faster. You don't have puzzle items like the Mavin Signet though, so you do need to do the crypt again.)
Even so it might be an idea to try reach level 4 in Vine before hurling yourself on the Naga; it will take quite an amount of potions to survive, before you're able to go to town again.

Thanks for mentioning it Wyv, I didn't think about that option.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 02:19 PM   #8
KattB
Dungeon Master

Thanks, that will be so much easer. tho I still lost the gold key so can't get the maven soward. *shurg* the last town was the first. I don't go to the one by the tempel as i can not make and delite new ppl to get more gold, that is how I make the gold to get the stuff I need. so I just never go to the inn at that town as it does not 'work' for me the way I want it to, to me it was a waste of time.
Kathy
Old 04-03-2001, 02:59 PM   #9
KattB
Dungeon Master

ok, I found one saved game before I went into the snake door, everyone was still alive. the water does cure poison, boy does that help! I found a few other things out too. 3 of my ppl died ..again, and I only had one scroll of life, I have tons of scrolls with no idea what they are, but I found good ones..to help, show up in blue type and bad ones in red type. so I took a chance, seems I had 4 more scrolls of life, so I brought all back to life, cured the poison in the water, but my theif is now stone, anyway to'unstone' her? she is the only one that can get into the trunks in the fountan/water room.
Kathy
Old 04-03-2001, 03:19 PM   #10
KattB
Dungeon Master

GRRRR! I fianly beat Naga and no one died or was stone...and my system crashed!! now I have to fight her again and hope this time also no one will die or be stone..grrr. lol
Kathy