Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2002, 06:28 PM   #1
Barlik Longbeard
Manshoon

Which is better? They both have their pros and cons, but one has to be better than the other. Mages are very powerful at very hich levels, but at all levels the Cleric kicks. Which is better... now thats a real brain teaser.....
Old 01-25-2002, 06:53 PM   #2
Lucre
Elminster

I prefer Clerics because of their novelty value - i haven't really played as them much. O and the ability to splat vampires all over the place with turn undead.

But Mages are more powerful/aggressive with their selection of spells, the cleric just makes them stronger.
Lucre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 07:12 PM   #3
andrewas
Harper

mages have more raw power. except versus undead i suppose. sorcerors just kick to much ass to be any fun.

clerics are better with the healing and support spells. you _need_ at least one cleric (or a druid at a pinch), but you _want_ at least 2 mages and preferably three.
Old 01-25-2002, 07:33 PM   #4
fable
Quintesson

Why does one have to better than other? Can't it be a case of different strategies working for different folks, in different situations?

I like all of 'em: mages, sorcs, clerics; also thieves of various sorts, fighters, paladins, rangers--you name it: every class has its value. There's a lot of fun in seeing how different classes can be made to work well in the same situations you've faced before. That's one of the things that has kept BG2 SoA/ToB alive for me through 5 run-throughs. I've used all the party NPCs in the game, and created a few of my own. Never thought I wasted a minute.

[ 01-25-2002: Message edited by: fable ]

fable is offline   Reply With Quote