Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2002, 12:42 PM   #1
Asca
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey

Just watching the snow float(I got so christmasy (is that a word?) that I put on some christmas carols) and surfing around on the nett, when I stumbled over somebody mentioning you can edit ( speed up) your romance with shadowkeeper. But....the person never mentioned HOW to do it. Now I was wondering, can anybody help me?
Asca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 01:06 PM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

WELCOME TO IW, FELLOW NORWEGIAN! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

Hmm, I do not know of a way to speed up romances with Shadowkeeper. You can do it using a CLUAConsloe cheat, though.

see ya!
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 01:45 PM   #3
Asca
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hei

I`ve tried the Cluaconsol cheat-thingy, but how do I know if it has worked? I don`t see any reactions at all and I think the romance has stopped.

And also hei to all the others norwegians out there, are there many?
Old 01-25-2002, 01:57 PM   #4
Kikakee
Dungeon Master

I've been expirementing, and lowering the number next to "jaheraromance" in the Glodal variables screen of shadowkeeper. It's kind of working... I think
Kikakee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 02:09 PM   #5
Lucre
Elminster

I found out how to do this!(i think)
Its only theoretical 'cos i couldn't be bothered waiting for it to happen(i made a test character who wasn't very good and boring).

All you do is change the number by JAHEIRAMATCH or AERIEMATCH or whatever, in the global variables, to a higher number, they start of on 1, when you flirt it is 2 etc.
Lucre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 02:15 PM   #6
Sojourner
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Be careful when playing around with the romance variables, you can do more harm than good.

An explanation of the romance variables:

JaheiraMatch - boolean indicating whether romance is possible with Jaheira
JaheiraRomance - Jaheira's romance timer
JaheiraRomanceActive - variable defining what stage of the romance you are in, with 1 = beginning, 2 = going strong, & 3 = it's over
LoveTalk - variable controlling the romance dialogs

SPOILERS

Jaheira's romance is intertwined with the Harper Plot.

The best way to force the next romance dialog is to reset the timer by entering the following at the console:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("JaheiraRomance","global",1)

You must have cheats enabled to do this, and it is case-sensitive (except for what's in the double-quotes). This won't always force the next dialog, however, as there may be other conditions which must be met for the dialog to occur, such as:

1) One dialog requires the Bandit Plot to conclude first
2) Several others wait on different stages of the Harper Plot
3) Some require you to be in certain areas
4) Some require your party to rest

If you have ToB with the latest patch, or you have downloaded Manveru's fix for Jaheira's romance, you should never have to mess with any of the variables.

[ 01-25-2002: Message edited by: Sojourner ]

Sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 02:57 PM   #7
Asca
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hei

Thx for the help guys, I`ll try it out. 2 be honest I wasn`t even expecting a reply and then I found heaps of people willing to help! Thx again!