Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2003, 08:08 AM   #1
Deathmage
The Magister

Okay!
I don't know, it might be just me, but I almost always pair a specific voice to a specific portrait/class/race combination. What's yours?

Mine:

Loner: (Sure. I've been wanting to do something wild and reckless anyway): Always Male Felpurr Samurai with the Tiger-faced-and-armor portrait. More often than not he's called Tinst.

Chaotic: (The psychaotic one, not the necromancer one) Always male fairie spellcasting types, with that young-blue-beard portrait.

Aggressive: (Ah, slice them, dice them, no sense in being nice to them!) Mook Fighter, more often than not, called General Kalugoth. Has that smiling portrait with ponytails and armor.

Other Aggressive: (Ze French azzent von) Mook Ranger with that scrunged-up face portrait.

Chaotic Female: (Zere vill be many instruments of destruction at my dispozol, yah?) Gnome spellcaster with that red, oddly-shaped head one portrait.
Old 12-12-2003, 08:24 AM   #2
Target
Red Dragon

The voice Tis' whit not strength….something something, I always has for a fighter or main tank. And I like the one about revelling in Darkness, I have that as my Rogue at the mo. I like that one.

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 09:53 AM   #3
DraconFighter
Dungeon Master

I also use the Scottish voice (Male Burly 2) for my Fighter.

I like Female Intellectual 2 for my Dark Elven Bard. ("An object worthy of fate herself." "I prosper with the will of destiny.")

My Faerie Mage or Bishop will have the Female Laidback 2. I've told my wife that she should respond to me with this voice ("You have summoned me?" - "It shall be done.") but I got nowhere with that idea.

[ 12-12-2003, 09:58 AM: Message edited by: DraconFighter ]
Old 12-12-2003, 10:54 AM   #4
dplax
Jack Burton

I use the scottish voice for my rangers mostly.

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 01:19 PM   #5
Rawhide
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I like the '... but I call it talent.' voice. It always goes to the main spellcaster. The French hunter goes to a dracon fighter.
I like the idiot voice so much that I always use the premade character 'Sslar'; he's a perfect fighter, and the voice fits a fighter very well.
Rawhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 03:07 PM   #6
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

I pick voices according to what they say when casting spells, my absolute fave is the female voice who says "Kweee Pooo", and second is the one that says "ch'Taah bagga-snagga"
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 02:38 AM   #7
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

Voices of my current party;

Rogue Female Dracon Cunning ( ... I have eccellent credentials )
Fighter Male Dwarf Burly ( Voice 2 )
Fighter Female Lizardman Agressive ( Voice 2 )
Bard Male Mook Loner ( Sure, I'm itching ... )
Bard Male Fairie Chaotic ( Ordinary men fear the power of darkness ... )
Gadgeteer Male Human Intelligent ( ... but I call it talent )

[img]graemlins/monster5.gif[/img]
Loudhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 05:31 AM   #8
Target
Red Dragon

I also use the voice that says “and uuuuppppppp… I go” when you level up, when I play a male bard.
Makes me laugh that one.

[ 12-15-2003, 05:33 AM: Message edited by: Target ]

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 07:08 AM   #9
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

I use the female arressive more than any oyher.

And for the guys it's the weird french-german, or whatever the heck it's supposed to be.

[ 12-17-2003, 07:10 AM: Message edited by: Variol (Farseer) Elmwood ]
Old 12-17-2003, 03:28 PM   #10
Rezdude03
Manshoon

call me plain but i do like many of the voices that are fitted to the caracter's profession. but sometimes they really get on my nerves and i might change them if they are modeled after one of my friends (at least every person i know has a character). I really like cunning voice 1 ("just between you and me, i'm the perfect guy for the job.") laidback voice ("well hello there") too (for my bard). that chaotic voice is hilarious ("waddaya want?!?!?!").

and BTW, its french. listen for him to say some french while playing.
\"We three, though born on different days, swear an oath of brotherhood\"<br />\"And vow to die the same year, same month and the very same day\"<br />\"Come, my Brothers\' destiny awaits!\"<br />-Guan Yu, Zhang Fei, Liu Bei/ Dynasty Warriors 4
Rezdude03 is offline   Reply With Quote