Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2005, 12:31 AM   #91
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek:
<font color=plum>I also think that Sidius wasn't fightin Windu with his full effort. He wanted Anakin to think Windu was about to defeat him so that Anakin would intervene and take one step closer to the Dark Side. Once Windu dropped his guard for a moment, Sidius had a remarkably sudden surge of power to blast him out the window. I believe it was yet another way in which Sidius manipulated Anakin to choose the Dark Side.</font>
yeah, that's what I thought when it happened.

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek:
<font color=plum>
Now I have a question of my own.

WHY are there only 2 Siths at any one time - the master and the apprentice?

I've not read any of the books, so I don't understand why there is a limit on the number of Siths that can exist at one time.</font>
I don't think that only two Sith can exist at once I think it's just that the rank of sith is like a presidant or something, as in it is unique in power, and if there were many of them, there would be a power struggle and what not.
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 06:34 AM   #92
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
I don't think that only two Sith can exist at once I think it's just that the rank of sith is like a presidant or something, as in it is unique in power, and if there were many of them, there would be a power struggle and what not.
<font color=plum>In Episode I, after Darth Maul is killed, the Jedi Council is discussing the return of the Siths. I believe Yoda is the one that says something to the effect that there are always 2 Sith and then the Council wonders if they killed they killed the master or the apprentice. Then we get a cut-away scene to Palpatine in his hooded cloak, and it is the first confirmation we are given that HE is the Sith Master that eventually becomes the Emporer.

Anyway, maybe Yoda meant that you always find 2 Sith together instead of Sith being restricted to only two existing at a time, but that was sort of the implication I got from that line.</font>
Old 05-31-2005, 07:45 AM   #93
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

If one reads the StarWars database on the official site, one can learn that there was a Sith master called Darth Bane that emerged from the inevitable chaos of Sith destroying each other. He saw the chaos inherent in his dark ways, and sought ways to control this. The answer: only two fully trained sith, a master, and an apprentice. Where the apprentice eventually kills the master and become the new one, bar some occasions where the apprentice is killed before that.

On the Yoda-Windu thing. Yoda and Windu are officially known to be of about the same power. Only Windu is a Jedi Guardian to speak in DnD terms, and Yoda a Consular, this means Windu focuses on lightsaber combat (his pwoerful skill called Vaapad), and Yoda focuses on the Force. This is why Yoda has such an easy time jumping around, deflecting huge objects and absorbing lightning.

As a last comment, I found Sidious to be the struggling one, he just cheated by having Yoda fall down. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

He probably would not have defeated Windu either, since his lightsaber skills are not that great.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:38 PM   #94
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Very good, JrKASperov!! Everything he mentioned in the last post was quite sound.
I would say that Palp's lightsaber skills are quite good, but maybe not up to Master Windu's. Also, yes, Palp's did still have power at the end, but that does not mean Mace could not have killed him. I think he let off his attack because he was getting fried as well, from the proximity. I think he was tru;y fighting before Anakin arrived, and then began his ploy when got there.
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 02:52 PM   #95
Thoran
Galvatron

IIRC Nubian is a ship manufacturer. They make all the shiney sleek ones (the one's Padme is always flying around in). I expect they're the 'Mercades' of starship manufacturers.

I loved all the little details in the movie, like how the clones were looking like stormtroopers towards the end of the movie, and how the empire's fighters were looking more and more like tie fighters.

And their use of music was excellent, subtle and not so subltle insertion of music from ANH.

IMO Sidius was pulling punches with Windu, but not with Yoda. I also agree that it looked like Windu really WAS better with a light sabre than Sidius, but I doubt he could have defeated him if Sidius had really been fighting.

Not a perfect movie, the script had numberous weak points, primarily around improbable behavior by Ani ("WAIT... you're EVIL? I NEVER would have guessed, even though you've been talking about the dark side since 5 minutes into the movie.").

[ 06-01-2005, 03:01 PM: Message edited by: Thoran ]
Thoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 04:25 PM   #96
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Thoran:
IIRC Nubian is a ship manufacturer. They make all the shiney sleek ones (the one's Padme is always flying around in). I expect they're the 'Mercades' of starship manufacturers.

I loved all the little details in the movie, like how the clones were looking like stormtroopers towards the end of the movie, and how the empire's fighters were looking more and more like tie fighters.
My question is if they can gun down almost the entirety of the Jedi with little effort and only a hint of surprise, why can't they hit anything other than Jawas and a sandcrawler by ANH.
Morgeruat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 06:28 PM   #97
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

A gene pool so deep you'd crack your skull if you dove in tends to help heroes.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 09:28 PM   #98
Thoran
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgeruat:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Thoran:

My question is if they can gun down almost the entirety of the Jedi with little effort and only a hint of surprise, why can't they hit anything other than Jawas and a sandcrawler by ANH. </font>[/QUOTE]I think Lucas rushed that segment... it was what... 2 minute long and basically showed the Jedi getting wiped out with barely a fight, even the Jedi master (the cone head dude) was taken out by just a couple clones, improbable given how uber powerful Master level Jedi characters are in the SW games and other films. I know my Jedi Guardian character would have no problem at all defeating almost any number of clones (maybe including some strategic running away and such ). Instead of a 10 second shot of a Jedi getting shot in the back by 4 clones, I think a better fit would have been to spend more time showing the Jedi inflicting the massive casualties I'd expect them to but succombing eventually to massive numerical advantage and relentless pursuit.

When I think of Jedi Masters, I think of them doing things like Obi did when he hopped down into the middle of the Seperatist forces with General Grevious standing right there. Not only was that just about the coolest scene in the movie, it was pretty much how I played my Jedi when I got that powerful because you could walk into just about any situtation and know you were perfectly capable of kicking some serious ass. Since all the games are Lucas approved, I assume that was the way HE envisioned the Jedi, soo powerful they simply didn't worry about things like clones... then to see him crap out on that scene and show Jedi being bushwhacked and killed with BLASTERS... it was insulting!
Thoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 12:43 AM   #99
Marathon
Elminster

In ANH, it is stated by Obi-Wan that Vader helped hunt down and destroy the Jedi. I was really hoping for some of that in Episode III. Really all he did was kill some kids and help the emperor defeat Mace. That's not really what he was originally built up for. Probably bad time management overall for the series by Lucas.
Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 09:38 PM   #100
Djinn Raffo
Ra

I saw this recently... and I hated it (and i'm a og Star Wars fan who went into this movie desperately wanting to like it). There were plot holes throughout it, bad acting, atrocious dialogue, and probably the best special effects of any movie to date which is never enough to make up for a bad story.
Djinn Raffo is offline   Reply With Quote