Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 09-12-2013, 01:45 PM   #11
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Default Re: TES Online

Damn....I live in a smaaaaall country - we are about 5 mio people - and I can choose between 14 operators! ranges from 1mb-100mb lines and we have countrywide LTE network with supported 50mb.

Prbly cause we're a small country so its easy!
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:11 PM   #12
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

South Aus, Ziroc, but it's just as bad there. We haven't been upgraded to fibre optic cable yet, we're still on the old copper wires... And unfortunately that's pretty much how it's going to stay. No difference between rural and city net, either, I've tested both.

Sparhawk, if I was to be powering it with a treadmill, it would probably be faster than it is now
Wolf Rider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:46 AM   #13
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Speaking as a former hardware engineer in the telecom business I can say with certanty that copper wires should support up to 25 mb/second at least - I run 10 in my appartement but got 50mb on my phone ( bleah... ).

Anyways the point I wanted to make was that if a hub could be made closer to your home it would drastically improve speeds.
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:20 PM   #14
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

Well I've never heard of anyone here getting more than maybe 3MB per second. I don't know where the hubs are situated, though...
Wolf Rider2 is offline   Reply With Quote