Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 09:19 AM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I'm putting the final post I made on the thread here so it's clear to all who might look for it, why the thread is missing.

----------------------

Morg, much as I sympathize with what you and Rev are going through, I have to ask you not to post potentially inflammatory material about another member, your wife or anyone else, it doesn't matter if they're related or not. Because you and she are both members of the forum, it's not a good idea to use this forum to air your grievances against one another. Whether or not the other party is a frequent poster isn't the issue, it's the respect that is expected of ALL members for other members. Posting your concerns is probably helpful for your feelings right now but if the other party hears of it , I suspect retaliatory posts will follow, which is only to be expected in such a situation. That would most likely lead to a flamewar and other members taking sides and fanning the flames. Ziroc would have to end up banning one or both of you if it did and we don't want to see it get that far. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'm not taking sides on this issue, I'm doing my moderator job and that means making sure this doesn't turn into a major flame fest and that members of the forum don't trash one another on it. Your concerns are of course, important to you, but because the other party is a member, it means that a flamewar can and probably will occur if it continues, with both sides wanting the last word for pride's sake.

In the interests of keeping the forum from becoming a mudslinging match we have to ask members not to air their dirty laundry with other members.

Again, no moderator here is going to 'take sides' on the issues and we all feel for you and your family and hope things work out for the best for all of you.

[ 08-04-2006, 09:19 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 08-04-2006, 10:11 AM   #2
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

*nods* fair enough
Old 08-04-2006, 10:25 AM   #3
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Yeah, we feel sorry for both of you and the kids, and we wish it would be possible for you to be able to get moral support here, but due to the nature of the subject, things can only go wrong.

[ 08-04-2006, 10:26 AM: Message edited by: Luvian ]
Old 08-04-2006, 02:05 PM   #4
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
but due to the nature of the subject, things can only go wrong.
hmmm so is it because of the nature of the subject that the thread was deleted or is it because his wife is also a member of the forum (which is the reason I understood from Cloudy's post)?

i.e. if exactly same thread was made from someone whose wife is not a member of IW would it be acceptable?

[ 08-04-2006, 02:06 PM: Message edited by: ZFR ]
Old 08-04-2006, 02:51 PM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

ZFR, I'm going to assume you aren't asking this rhetorically or attempting to start trouble.

You know, or should know, that any potentially inflammatory material about someone else on this board is not acceptable posting.

If I knew you in real life and posted that I thought you were poisoning my dog and other members chimed in to back one or the other of us, it wouldn't be long before one of us or one of our friends went off on a full fledged flame war against the other 'side'. It's human nature.

The particular topic is one related to a personal situation that is difficult at best, but most certainly not meant for public debating here. If one of them wasn't a member or didn't post, we would sympathize with posts from the member but as both ARE members of the board, then any airing the dirty laundry, as it were, leaves it open to 'taking sides' and that spells flamewar.

[ 08-04-2006, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]