Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-12-2001, 02:20 PM   #41
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:

Now, I ask again, is the next American who shows "a callous attitude and disregard for human life" likwise going to be banned WITHOUT a warning from a Mod?
Uhmmmm.. Yup. At least I hope so.

I think the main problem was how unapolagetic Jake was towards the members. People told him they were offended, yet Jake continued to antagonize them and taunt them to stir their anger.

Maybe if he apologized or something... I think some of the people here deserve at least that much after his callous barbs.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 09-12-2001, 02:30 PM   #42
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

When I read his first post and the reactions to it, I thought "there's been a misunderstanding here". I could not imagine how anybody could think like that. However, Jake did not attempt to clear this up or explain what he had meant. Instead he continued baiting people. He did not REALLY insult anyone, but he did make very callous and unfeeling statements, especially since many of the people reading his posts had lost friends in the attack. I concluded that either a) the first post WAS a misunderstanding but Jake did not bother to correct it but went on offending people with his incredibly egoistic statements or b) Jake really meant the post that way. I cannot imagine either of these possibilities. How can anyone find it exciting to hear that the WTC has collapsed and the casualties are in the thousands? That there has been a terrorist attack on the USA?
However, I must say that Jake was not really warned. There were hints in that direction, but no real warning. I doubt a warning would have deterred him though. Even if he is allowed to come back, a LOT of people here are going to hold a grudge.

------------------

Kazara

Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Old 09-12-2001, 03:08 PM   #43
Legolas the Elven Archer

Yeah. If after some more consideration, Jake would be allowed to post again, he'd better do so under another name. I believe that despite the fact that most people here are acting very mature, Jake as Jake would still inspire a certain amount of hostility. Anyway, I'm voting for a card-like system. Not because I think (nor hope) it will be needed often, but because I believe that you should make sure people mean what they say (sarcasm and text) and that they should have at least one official warning.
Then again, such a system may be a bit to 'childish'. We should be able to work things out the regular way.

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Legolas, mourning for the USA

Old 09-12-2001, 03:14 PM   #44
Sorcerer Alex

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
When I read his first post and the reactions to it, I thought "there's been a misunderstanding here". I could not imagine how anybody could think like that. However, Jake did not attempt to clear this up or explain what he had meant. Instead he continued baiting people. He did not REALLY insult anyone, but he did make very callous and unfeeling statements, especially since many of the people reading his posts had lost friends in the attack. I concluded that either a) the first post WAS a misunderstanding but Jake did not bother to correct it but went on offending people with his incredibly egoistic statements or b) Jake really meant the post that way. I cannot imagine either of these possibilities. How can anyone find it exciting to hear that the WTC has collapsed and the casualties are in the thousands? That there has been a terrorist attack on the USA?
However, I must say that Jake was not really warned. There were hints in that direction, but no real warning. I doubt a warning would have deterred him though. Even if he is allowed to come back, a LOT of people here are going to hold a grudge.

There are some sick people in the world Kaz, people who take pleasure in 'exciting' events, even in unfortunate tragedies such as this. These people don't have anything of interest in their lives and so try to find excitement in other things. The problem is, they don't realise quite how offensive and barbaric they are being.

Old 09-12-2001, 04:48 PM   #45
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

thank you! i cant believe anybody can be that callous, on such a sensetive topic, right after it happened! i dont think that any such remarks will ever be acceptable about that day. although he was a good vent for my anger...
however, i will say good riddance and good day to Jake! should i ever see him, however, my responce may be a bit more... physical

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.

Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Old 09-12-2001, 04:50 PM   #46
Sorcerer Alex

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
thank you! i cant believe anybody can be that callous, on such a sensetive topic, right after it happened! i dont think that any such remarks will ever be acceptable about that day. although he was a good vent for my anger...
however, i will say good riddance and good day to Jake! should i ever see him, however, my responce may be a bit more... physical

Lol....let's all just try and get along, shall we?

Old 09-12-2001, 05:07 PM   #47
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
Uhmmmm.. Yup. At least I hope so.

Maybe if he apologized or something... I think some of the people here deserve at least that much after his callous barbs.

He won't get the chance. Ziroc has seen to that, bless him!

------------------
Old 09-12-2001, 05:17 PM   #48
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

I will kill him when I see him
Old 09-12-2001, 05:19 PM   #49
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
takin it to the next step eh? i dont blame you... his comments offended most people, but i think this man should be spared some mercy from our blades... (emphasis on SOME)

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.

Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Old 09-12-2001, 05:20 PM   #50
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
I assume you mean "Jake", and not "Ziroc"?

Seriously, guys...let's not express thoughts of violence. As Memnoch has pointed out previously, Jake is no longer here to defend himself. He's gone, we can go back to where we were before.

------------------