Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2001, 04:04 AM   #31
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:

If you add a sports forum for the lads, for reasons of equal opportunity, there also ought to be a knitting & embroidering forum for the gals !

Ramon, suddenly in a hurry, runs off, dodging and taking cover ...

I used to have a cat that would do her 'stuff' on the floor just to get attention RAMON! Bad, bad, BAD Ramon! Ahem.

Seriously Ziroc, I'll second LadyZ's idea about graphics, smileys, html, etc.

(Thanks for breaking the smileys into 2 pages BTW, they no longer crash my 'puter) I think I asked this before, where do you get all the smileys? You don't make 'em all do you???

------------------
Old 03-12-2001, 05:35 AM   #32
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Back on topic for a change:

I like many of the ideas presented here:

- the item-creating/ editing forum
- the movie/books/TV forum
- the hmtl/smiley/gif "Better posting" forum

But then again, if we have too many specialized forums who will be left here for me to offend with my silly and lame jokes ?

------------------
So long !

R³ - Co-president(s) of the Club of Broken Hearts
Old 03-12-2001, 11:22 PM   #33
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by LadyRae:

(Thanks for breaking the smileys into 2 pages BTW, they no longer crash my 'puter) I think I asked this before, where do you get all the smileys? You don't make 'em all do you???
No way! That would have taken 3 or 4 lifetimes

I just searched the net for some of the best, and added them to the site.. I >am< a graphics designer though

Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Old 03-13-2001, 03:50 AM   #34
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well Ziroc, why not have a page up for Summoner? The game looks to be ok and i think that it will be quite a good game to. Here is a link to Avaults preview of it: http://www.avault.com/previews/previ...sp?game=summon

------------------

Do electric wolves dream of electric sheep?
Old 03-13-2001, 02:30 PM   #35
Rikard

Yeah ziroc I'm kinda glad you bring this up
Well ehm
As you might know we ehm got this clan
Wich is ehm bases upon This Forum
And Ertai and me we spoke about it
and we actually wanted to ask you weither we could have a small OHF forum section
Ofcourse we could make our own but it'll never be as good as this one and well this is the clan's base kinda
If you want Ertai and I can become moderators
Well take it in consideration and mail us about it at Rikardt@mail.com and Javier.Ferrer@wanadoo.es (this will make it easier for you to reject although we really want you to not reject)

------------------
The Legend Rikard T'Aranaxz

Master Necromancer
Clanmaster and Mental Father of the OHF

Old 03-13-2001, 02:38 PM   #36
Epona
Zartan

Also, I just got into playing Planescape: Torment and Fallout 2. I can see I will have a number of queries coming up about these games, would there be enough support for a board?

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Old 03-13-2001, 05:26 PM   #37
Hesperex

I like the idea about a Planescape forum Epona

------------------

Master Assassin of the Holy Flame.
My website http://hesperex.8k.com

Old 03-13-2001, 05:35 PM   #38
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Well, i havent read all the posts but i suggest a Item Making & Hacking forum, as it seems that there are lotsa posts about this in the BG2 forum. There people could talk about their created items, spells, creatures, expansions etc.

And about melusine said, maybe you will have to delete the Polls forum as it seems that polls are posted mainly here. And maybe the expansion forums should be joined to their "original" game forum (totsc to bg, tob to bg2, how to iwd etc).

My personal idea is that is better to keep a few forums better than a lot, cause that way it will be easier to get responses and it will be easier to navigate the website.

Just some thoughts

------------------
"Let my spells do the dirty work" Ertai, High Sorceror of the Holy Flame
Old 03-13-2001, 08:17 PM   #39
Ziroc

Just wanted to let you all know, I have combined those forums.

Heart of Winter is now part of the IWD forum.
Same for Tales of the Sword Coast & Baldur's Gate 1.

I agree with you, the more forums, the less people will post-- people will get the feeling of being overwhelmed with forums.. so we'll keep it kinda simple, so all can enjoy

I've read ALL the great ideas, and will consider them!

Ziroc

Old 03-14-2001, 05:05 AM   #40
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
I was thinking of adding a few new forums, one is Wizardry 8. And a new 'area' for non-rpg stuff.. Maybe a Star trek forum? or maybe even a Survivor forum? heck, I dunno, just shooting ideas out here..

Let me know-- and if YOU have an idea, please reply with it!!

Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster
What about Planescape?

------------------
FAIR DINKUM!