Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 08:11 AM   #1
fistandantilus2
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Default Planesacape Torment Patch 1.1 +fix

Hey all,

I've just discovered (after starting the game), that I should install the official 1.1 patch and the fan-made fix..
I've already started the game and restarting it will take me quite a few hours to get to where I am (I'm still in the hive though)

is restarting the game after installing the patch+fix necessary??

Thanks in advance!
fistandantilus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 09:32 AM   #2
Iron Greasel
Fzoul Chembryl

Default Re: Planesacape Torment Patch 1.1 +fix

It has been positively ages since I last played the game without the patches, but I'm still pretty certain that you don't have to restart.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:19 PM   #3
fistandantilus2
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks man,

It IS possible to finish the game without the patches, but it would probably be much more fun if they do take effect..I'm at a crossroad..restarting now will take me a few more hours of redoing what I've done, restarting later will take me days..

The current version IS 1.1, the question is - if the version change effected my old saved games or not.. do you guys know of any way, of quickly checking it in the hive area? (maybe check a known bug that has been fixed??)

Thanks again..
Old 09-04-2007, 08:18 PM   #4
andrewas
Harper

As long as you haven't had any serious problems already, just install the patch and continue on. If some script has broken and given you the wrong result, that wont be fixed by the patch, but any changes which affect future gameplay will work.
andrewas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 02:35 AM   #5
fistandantilus2
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks(:
So far so good (I also didn't exprience that "slow down" that is supposedly happening after 1 hour of gameplay) so I guess I shouldn't give up on my game so quickly..