Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-27-2002, 11:59 AM   #1
Nanaki3
The Magister

Do you agree with why the US is at war?

I definitly agree. Do you?
Old 03-27-2002, 12:00 PM   #2
Nanaki3
The Magister

I mean I am for the US. Do you think the US has the right reason to fight?
Old 03-27-2002, 01:18 PM   #3
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

The terrorist thing or something else? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2002, 01:31 PM   #4
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

well spelca as far as i know we americans are only involved in one war.the war against terrorists and their backers.
Old 03-27-2002, 01:55 PM   #5
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Well, Nanaki, I definitely agree, but watch out, here come the others. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 03-27-2002, 02:00 PM   #6
GEEK
The Magister

I agree but I am in the US. In some of the other posts on this topic it seemed that most of the ones who didn't agree were from countries that hadn't been attacked.
Old 03-27-2002, 07:50 PM   #7
The Darke

Quote:
Originally posted by Nanaki3:
Do you think the US has the right reason to fight?
Having guided missiles (be they planes or warheads) targeting financial and governmental buildings whilst destroying the lives of tens of thousands of people (the bullet that kills the son also wounds the mother) without warning is a "right" reason imho.

Old 03-27-2002, 09:33 PM   #8
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Nanaki3:
I mean I am for the US. Do you think the US has the right reason to fight?
Hmmm, this is somewhat of a delicate matter for most people. At least that's my experience when dealing with this subject.
Does the US have the right to defend themselves ? Defenately yes.
Do i like Bush's militaristic manner. Certainly not.
Old 03-27-2002, 09:51 PM   #9
Chewbacca
Zartan

The drug war has been going on for thirty years, and we are all still the losers.

edit: that is the the other war America is involved in. It's ironic that terror groups profit off drugs much like the mafia did during the American prohibition. Sad how little we learn from history. sorry to go off-topic.

[ 03-27-2002, 09:54 PM: Message edited by: Chewbacca ]
Old 03-28-2002, 10:31 AM   #10
Smeagol II
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Galadria:
Well, Nanaki, I definitely agree, but watch out, here come the others. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
... and here we are!

Well, can't say I quite agree with the US led war on terror (and remember that it isn't just the US involved in this - us Brits have just sent some more troops in). I just generally don't quite understand why you have to kill mroe people in order to solve the problem. And the irony is that it is unlikely to solve the problem anyway - do you honestly think that we will catch all the members of Al-Quaeda just by bombing innocents in Afghanistan? Remember that quite a lot of the people involved aren't Afghanis or in any way connected to Afghanistan. What are you going to do? Bomb every country that harbours terrorists? Better start by looking at home then in my view, and over here in the UK. Any chance we can start bombing Derry for the Omagh bomb? If we send in enough troops then we are bound to kill the right people eventually.

The terrorists are all over the world, and they don't think of themselves as doing wrong. These are people pushed into a corner fighting in any way they can for an ideal that they see the Western world as trying to destroy. I have the utmost sypmathy for their victims but that does not mean I want to see these people demonised and killed. It won't solve anything and will plunge the world into years of war.

Bottom line - lets all stop talking about our right to kill people, or our right to have revenge, and start talking about how we can get out of the mess we have out ourselves in.