Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2001, 10:29 AM   #11
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Oh! The story is cheap, believe me! Do not expect a PsT storyline here (and thank the gods on that, considering what I've heard about the volumes of text you have to read in THAT particular game...it makes you appreciate Sabastio). The main fun of the game is dungeon exploration, character development, and NPC interaction. The main storyline keeps you moving along, but don't expect anything spectacular. A lot of people have and have been disappointed at the end. Sad, because in concentrating on that, they missed the main fun parts of the game.

Oh, well...

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 11:34 AM   #12
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

There is a huge amount of text in PsC indeed.
I hated it at first but after a while, you actually start to enjoy it.
You also get the best party ever in an RPG. (that i know of)
So if you have never played the game i suggest you give it a try.
Thanks for your help Sazerac i will look out for the topics you mentioned.

[This message has been edited by Dreamer128 (edited 05-07-2001).]
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 12:19 PM   #13
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I have heard several people praising PS:T for the reasons you list, Dreamer128, and I've thought about playing it myself. However, given that BG2 just trashed my system so badly that in the last week I've had to A) upgrade to Windows Me, B) buy a new video card, C) buy a new sound board, and D) am now looking at having to get a new power supply (to have enough energy for all the new components!), you'll understand why I'm a little gun-shy on any new games at the moment. Maybe I'll get PS:T at a later date, when I'm assured my system is stable again.

Thanks for the recommendation, though! I will consider it.

-Sazerac
Old 05-07-2001, 03:31 PM   #14
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Just like to ring in as a newbie playing W&W. It is closest to a Might and Magic kind of thing and a lot of fun, once you get used to it. It did take me while (I'm used to BGII's interface) but once you get the hang of it and the fighting, it gets to be quite enjoyable. Saz, sorry BGII fried your system.

BK
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 03:37 PM   #15
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

BK, I know! Well, I just found out that my power supply is only 160 Watts! I think that had a large part to do with it. Heaven knows why they put such a crappy one in there for me. I'm going to try out a 250 W supply today and see if that helps the situation any. It's a p**ser when a game makes you have to practically upgrade all your hardware...and I thought I had a pretty good system all the way around!

Old 05-07-2001, 06:11 PM   #16
skywalker
Banned User

Saz!

Funny. When I first started playing the game, I thought W&W trashed my harddrive, because of all the troubles everyone was having with the game when it first came out. Well, after bringing the drive to work and testing it out, I found that the drive had major hardware problems and I had it replaced by the manufacturer. Sometimes bad parts lead us to blame the software that was last installed instead of the hardware it was installed on.

Just thought I'd give you my experience in a similar situation.

Geez, a 160w powersupply is pretty wimpy.

Inadequate or failing powersupplies can cause problems with corruption on your harddrive. I think it is due to the hardrive spinning at different speeds while writing and then not being able to read the data when the speed has changed (if that makes any sense).

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 07:54 PM   #17
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Well, as it exists, Mark, the 250 W drive I took home from work (kindly lent to me to try it out; I have the best workplace!) didn't fit. So I've pretty well consigned myself to just using this computer and I've started saving up money to get a new one...custom built. Should have enough by July to do this. I'm never buying a package model again. Cheapos!

Well, I think I've gotten WAAAAY off topic of this thread. My computer is working again, thank heavens, and as long as I have Internet and can play W&W and have Microsoft Office (note the order of importance to me, hehe!) I'm just fine for now.

Thanks,

-Sazerac