Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 05-05-2001, 11:56 PM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

THE GAEL SERRAN EXAMINER

Sazerac, Editor
Skywalker, Contributing Photojournalist

GAEL SERRAN GEOGRAPHIC SPECIAL:
Ex-Pirate Turns Longtooth-Trainer

The fauna of the Gael Serran is a mysterious, fascinating, and often quite deadly phenomenon. From the dread Mantraps in the Shire to the deadly Sandcrawlers to the far west, Man in the Gael Serran has had to struggle long and hard against the forces of nature to survive.

One of the most ferocious predators of the Gael Serran is the Longtooth, Felis Macrodentus, a species of large wildcat whose habitat exists in the islands west of Brimloch Roon. Highly prized for their hides, which have been long-used for coats, jackets, and other accoutrements, the longtooth population has dwindled in the past few decades, and they are now among the endangered species of the Gael Serran.

An ex-pirate, a stout by the name of Talrik, has taken it upon himself to help repopulate the longtooths into their natural habitat. Once a longtooth hunter himself (he longed for the hides to hang on his ship to scare away predators), he has now seen the error of his ways and is raising longtooths as a hobby, to preserve for posterity the legacy of this graceful, noble creature.

"My 'leppids' are quite tame, but still maintain their ferocious nature," Talrik said. "They're the best defense I have against snoops and scumbuckets! Usually just one look, and enemy pirates take to the seas running! It's my desire to repopulate the islands with these critters, making it safe once again for me to travel. Now if I can jes' git this blasted boat off of this flamin' sand bar..."

Shirelle L'Favre, High Elven ranger and leader of several animal activism groups, is not one of Talrik's supporters. "Although it would seem his intentions are well-met," she said, "it is the height of irresponsibility to raise longtooths from cubs and then turn them loose! They're now domesticated and will not have the instinct needed to defend themselves or survive! He must cease and desist this self-serving act! Reserves need to be set aside for these animals to grow and thrive on their own without corrupt human...or stoutish...intervention!"

When told of Ms. L'Favre's comments, Talrik said, "Me an' me 'leppids' will be most happy to give her a rebuttal! Tell her to get her butt over to this island so I can point my 'leppids' at it. She'll need a re-buttle after that, heh heh!"

Keep watching for updates to the Gael Serran Examiner. Remember: Minds that need examining want to KNOW!

Sazerac, Editor.

[This message has been edited by Sazerac (edited 05-06-2001).]
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2001, 06:45 AM   #2
skywalker
Banned User

Saz,

The pictures in the Examiner are great, but it's the writing that makes them better. Great job as always.

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2001, 10:04 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

LOL!!!!!!

!SAVE THE KITTIES!

Love it, as usual!!

Wyv

------------------
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2001, 10:08 AM   #4
Moni

!SAVE THE KITTIES! LOL!

Three Cheers for Talrik!
Hip Hip Hooray!
Hip Hip Hooray!
Hip Hip Hooray!

Moni
Old 05-06-2001, 11:20 AM   #5
BLKCat
The Magister

WOOHOO Sazerac! I am MOST impressed once more! (I really do need to find a clapping smiley!) I love the re-buttal!

BLKCat (keeping my butt safe in the chair!)

------------------
...Events are cowards: they don't occur singly, but instead they run in packs and leap out at you all at once.
(Excerpt from "Neverwhere", by Neil Gaiman)
BLKCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2001, 06:25 PM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

BLKCat - check out the graphic library here on the forum - button upper right on your screen!

Lots of great smileys for you to use to express your true feelings!

Wyv

------------------
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2001, 06:39 PM   #7
BLKCat
The Magister

Thank you Wyvern. It is a WONDERFUL collection of smileys... but still no clapping one! I will continue the search. I may have to make one myself!

BLKCat Still Looking for "The One" and only Clapping Smiley

------------------
...Events are cowards: they don't occur singly, but instead they run in packs and leap out at you all at once.
(Excerpt from "Neverwhere", by Neil Gaiman)
BLKCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2001, 10:15 PM   #8
Conan

Here Kitty , Kitty..
Old 05-06-2001, 10:25 PM   #9
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

catnip should be the best defense.....

------------------
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 08:17 PM   #10
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Here kitty kitty kitty. . . LOL

Sazerac, I must agree with Skywalker, the pics are great, but the writing is what makes these articles worth the reading!

Thanks for the laugh

Mammawlin Barbarian (cousin to Mammawlin)
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote