Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 10-11-2000, 07:39 PM   #1
emdo1

i noticed on leveling up from 1-2 that i couldnt put any points on my strngh dex int ect...is this how the game goes??
im new to this type of rpg...also the combat system is slow.....not diablo type or ff...or other rpg,s ive played..
thanx...
Old 10-11-2000, 10:55 PM   #2
Larry

the hand book tells you when a paricular individual should level up, like the difference between a fighter and a mage. They have different experience points to gain to get to a higher level...and the book should mention when the profecencies kick in, and for magic users, at what level you gain a spell....if not, don't worry...the game is running smoothly and you do not gain special abilities for every level up...(sad but true)
Good luck in your adventures !!!!!!!!!
Old 10-12-2000, 02:46 AM   #3
emdo1

thanx...i did check the book but it didnt mention anything about putting points on strngh ect...
Old 10-12-2000, 08:28 AM   #4
dragonslayer
Manshoon

That's because you don't.
dragonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2000, 04:39 AM   #5
emdo1

so....you cant get any more points on your strghn dex ect?? your stuck with what you rolled?? surely not!!!it doesnt give you extra points to put on?
Old 10-13-2000, 08:55 AM   #6
dragonslayer
Manshoon

When you start the game you have to re-roll your stats ALOT to get good enough stats. You might get some statistic raising items but not enough for six stats on six characters.
dragonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2000, 02:00 PM   #7
emdo1

thanx to all who replied
Old 10-14-2000, 12:04 AM   #8
loathar

later into the game u will find books which allow u to add to ur str,dex,int..etc
look hard...
Old 10-14-2000, 01:12 AM   #9
Larry

Sorry ...I guess I mis-understood the original question...I thought you were referring to adding proficiencies and special abilities like 20% more to pick-pocket for thief, stuff...I did not read the inquiry as you meaning to raise the rolled stats, like Strength, Dexterity, Wisdom, etc...(I guess I should not be on here at 1:05am,,,too dang sleepy to read!!!!!!!)