Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2001, 11:13 AM   #1
Ladie Jas
Dungeon Master

With a debt of gratitude to Rodimus and Throntar for thei invaluable assistaance in the awesome defeat of the chromatic demon (only 3 reloads)
I am stuck again already... this next room is a killer... hehehehehehe
way to many baddies.... all hints welcome and all strategies tried and tested..

Ladie Jas

------------------
Ladie Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2001, 11:39 AM   #2
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Hiya Ladie Jas!

Which room are you talking about? The next level? If it is then the strategy to follow is this

SPOILER
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
follow the madman through the south portal to his 'lair'. Talk to him....blah....blah.....and then rummage through his pile of belongings. You will find his journal and this will give directions through the maze (with a little deciphering )

If this is not what you were looking for please post saying so

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Moridin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2001, 11:44 AM   #3
Ladie Jas
Dungeon Master

Thank you but no.. thats not what I am looking for ...The next Eastern room with the demon and the succubus and those lovely G guys and the Quasits and the
named thingeys....

------------------
Old 07-21-2001, 01:48 PM   #4
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

OK I am assuming you don't need help 'finding' your way around, just taking care of the creatures you encounter...right?

My advice (and this is after many reloads) is summoning, summoning, summoning! I don't know your party make-up, but mine was 3 mages(aerie, imoen, nalia) and 3 fighters (myself, minsc, keldorn).

Almost every room you will encounter numerous monsters and at least one spell caster. I targeted the spell caster with kelbans warding whip to remove protections (1 mage) and had the other 2 cast Mordikans sword or another 'summoning' spells. I would send all the summoned creatures at the spell caster while my fighters took out any other creatures (the best way to do this is to go 3on1...hack kill move on...hack kill move on....most of the monsters will destroy you 1on1 but if you can gang up on them they fall faster).

A little spoiler
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
Make sure to 'detect traps' in the room with all the shadow demons (I think it is the last room you will encounter). There are numerous traps around the room and they are very deadly. I had Nalia detect and disarm all the traps while the battle raged around her. You cannot get to the 'main' guy in this room with the traps there.

I hope this helps!
Others should be along too, if I am just confusing you Good luck

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Moridin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2001, 09:37 AM   #5
Ladie Jas
Dungeon Master

With thanks again Moridin
That was exactly the advice i was seeking....
I am still unsure of my current party....
Paladin, Minsc, Jaheira, Anomenomenom, Airy Fairy and lil sis..
Havent loved anyone much to keep them around for long...
so am a bit difficient in muscle power... and magic ....

Anyway thank you

Ladie Jas

------------------
You must gather your party....
Old 07-22-2001, 05:25 PM   #6
Kitka
Dungeon Master

i find myself wondering if you use the space bar as frequently as you perhaps should. the space bar is your friend. you can coordinate attacks much more efficiently by pausing, casting spells, pointing your warriors around, then unpausing.
Kitka is offline   Reply With Quote