Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 08-31-2013, 02:42 AM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Question Mark Replaying the Witcher 1.. is it worth beating?

I remember stopping due to all the horrible bugs looong ago before the enhanced edition was out--I have patched up to the latest version, and just want to ask--is the story really good? I forget.. I know its detailed as hell, but anyone that finished it, let me know if you liked it or not. (No spoilers please) .

I did hear the second one was piss.. is this true?

I am watching the third one being made.. looks REALLY cool, but ya never know.. keeping my hopes up.

Thanks guys!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:23 AM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Default Re: Replaying the Witcher 1.. is it worth beating?

I played thru the Witcher 1 enhanced edition without a single crash. Depending on whether you bought this on DVD or digital download, you either have a DRM free version OR you can remove it permanently. Tastes vary but I liked it. I thought the story was good (not great but good). There are a few places where choices will affect the game depending on which side you support. There are only a couple or three places where that choice affects things. And it's possible to change from supporting one side at one of those points to a neutral stance. You'll understand when you get there.

A friend and I opted for differing paths and we saw differences in the epilogue.

That being said, the choices in the Witcher 1 don't have a lot of impact on the Witcher 2 except (according to my friend) for one area in Chapter 3. He claims the difference is relatively unimportant but it does change the way that part of the game plays out. In the Witcher 2, you can support one of two sides but you can't stay neutral.

I'm still playing Witcher 2 atm so this is a partial critique. No it's not total piss. That's bullshit. It does have some things I don't like though. I hate the QTEs with a passion. Thank god there aren't a lot of them and you can turn the difficulty on them WAY down. I also hate the arm-wrestling mini-game. Mouse sensitivity is total fubared. The power trees are totally redone and although I preferred the ones in TW1, the ones in TW2 are fine. Combat is different and there are people who hate it. I don't. I liked TWI combat better but that's just me. The TW2 Story is actually pretty good so far.

TW3 looks awesome.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:13 AM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Well thats good to know! I just heard from tons of people they hated Witcher 2.. But If its cheap, I may grab it.. I don't mind the fighting style changes I saw on youtube. So I need to HURRY.. The Witcher 3 is coming soon!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:41 AM   #4
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Darn....I loved witcher2 but never tried the first one - am looking forward till the 3rd installment comming "soon"
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote