Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 04-04-2001, 12:07 PM   #1
whitmers
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have a bunch of level thirty characters, and it says that the next level is god hood. is god hood p[ossible. and yes, i am playin gin the hear of fury mode. very painful.

whitmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 04:39 PM   #2
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Congrats on the level 30 thing,I have no idea on the godhood question though. I've heard HoF is hard as hell, what would be your party recomendations?
Lord of Alcohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 05:02 PM   #3
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

No, God-hood is the exp cap. It is either reaching lvl 30 or reaching exp 8,000,000, which ever comes first will be your exp cap for HOW.

Yes, LoA, HOF is tough!!! ARGH!!!! Keeping it balance and at high level will minimize your number of reloads, I gave up on my middle level party.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 05:41 PM   #4
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Accord, would something like 3 fighters, one cleric, one cleric/thief,one mage do well? Thats what I've been thinking of trying when I do it. Or should I multi the mage with fighter?
Old 04-04-2001, 06:19 PM   #5
whitmers
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have two single class fighters. both with valiant (not form cheating, jsut form going through twice) girdle of stromnos and exceptional strentghs, g. mastery, a single class cleric, a cleric/mage, a single class thief and a bard.

the cleric can jsut about destroy anything. most of the titems that you can get in the game, i knw have twoce so my theif has two warrior thief rings. that seems like the ideal way to go. I had a single mage but ditched her for the versatility of the bard. the war ballad of sith is the best.

and yes. its super hard. my suggestion is to alwasy ahve the barddoing all of the talking, you can actually avoid a few tough battles this way.

whitmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 07:39 PM   #6
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
Accord, would something like 3 fighters, one cleric, one cleric/thief,one mage do well? Thats what I've been thinking of trying when I do it. Or should I multi the mage with fighter?
I usually have 2 fighter/mages, 1 paladin, 1 cleric/ranger, 1 fighter/thief and 1 mage... I would recommend you use at least one more mage type party member (maybe dual a fighter or make a multi class character), magics are pretty useful in IWD/HOW.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 12:32 PM   #7
Khanar
Manshoon

Bard. Then you can support your mage like having a secondary wizard (sorta),strum your little harp, dance a jig, and then either stab or shoot anybody that gets too close for comfort.
Khanar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 05:01 PM   #8
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Ok, I think I'm talked into a bard, with the new abilities they sound good. I'm waiting a few to finish a multiplayer then we'll try this