Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2004, 12:52 PM   #81
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Wow, that really sucks, LB. I was hoping the drama was over, now, but I guess not. (hug)

Glad you said that, Atty, cause that's been pretty much my game plan. I'm not have much problems, today, but I'm gonna play it safe today, too be sure. I'm going home for the first time in three weeks, so don't wanna spoil that with sickness! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2004, 02:05 PM   #82
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Compass fight? Kaltia, I agree... you couldn't make that stuff up.

LB, it sounds like the challenge continues to go on. You have my sympathies in the process... odds are it will get worse before it gets better.

Based on a couple of things you've said, I suggest looking for any things you particularly care about among your possessions and making sure they are stored someplace other than your parents' house. One of the things about being a parent is that you know where your kids' buttons are, if you feel like pushing them. Most don't, but every so often...

To try to put a positive move onto things, you might ask for the rules to be spelt out, that you might know if you're going to offend (by using the modem when someone else needs it, for example). That's what logical and rational people might do to prevent a conflict from flaring up... and it can work for the rest of us, too

On a different note, we're repainting the fireplace in the family room. It was white (to go with the beige-- excuse me, taupe walls), and we wanted something more. We're painting it a deep burgundy (to match a rug that's in there), and last night, we put on the tinted primer. The official color of the tint is something plum, but after looking at it last night, we decided it was either bubble gum or pepto bismol A royally pink wall, it was... [img]smile.gif[/img]

It's looking better now... partially painted, although it's going to need another coat. Getting paint on the mortar between the bricks is a royal pain...

'Course, the real question is whether it will look good or not after we're done. If it doesn't, stay tuned for another painting update in a couple of weeks...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:16 PM   #83
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Well, I'm not sure that you've posted since I've been registered, Kaltia, but I saw some of your posts while I was still a lurker! Welcome back!

You know that we axed the automated cafe-cleaners in favor of cheaper, more cost effective slave labor (ie, Someguy) don't you?

Well, off to read about Supreme Court Cases for class...I'm supposed to compare Brown v. Board of Education and Sheff v. O'Neill for my three o'clock today...which is in forty eight minutes.

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 09-30-2004, 02:28 PM   #84
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
Well this is wonderful...dad kicked me out of the house again...so I'm at my brothers *sighs* This time it was because I was on the modem upstairs when he wanted to use it downstairs...he didn't touch me this time though, just told me to "find somewhere else to stay the night", Gave him a dirty look and said I already planned on it...
Mom called here last night and asked if I was staying the night at my bro's (no duh). I was going to go to Emily's after school and come back on Friday but she insisted I come home after school...*sighs*
Jen, that sucks. I agree with Bungleau: get your stuff out, now, and I will add, start looking for a roommate.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:14 PM   #85
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Ilander:
Well, I'm not sure that you've posted since I've been registered, Kaltia, but I saw some of your posts while I was still a lurker! Welcome back!
TAKE THAT, CALAETHIS, I'M *FAMOUS*! HAH! *Ahem* Thank you [img]tongue.gif[/img] . Yes, I have been on IW, merrily spamming the cafes and annoying the hell out of the oldbies, for some time. *Sniffle*. And hello to you [img]tongue.gif[/img] . I pop in occasionally and vanish again, this time is no exception.

I only do it to keep Atty-boy on his toes. *Nodnod*

Quote:
Originally posted by Ilander:
You know that we axed the automated cafe-cleaners in favor of cheaper, more cost effective slave labor (ie, Someguy) don't you?
...My life is now MEANINGLESS. Damnit, Cloudy! You've gotten rid of the entire meaning behind magnets now! WHAT SHALL I DO WITH MY LIFE?!

...Eh, there's always the Johnny-smacking. There's *always* the Johnny-smacking.

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:31 PM   #86
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:

Well, you do that, cutie. Who are those two boys in your sig? They look too wholesome for you to like.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:39 PM   #87
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:

Well, you do that, cutie. Who are those two boys in your sig? They look too wholesome for you to like. [/QUOTE]...What's that supposed to mean?! *Glares*
The blond is Edward, the brown haired kid is Alphonse. They're from an anime show called Fullmetal Alchemist, which I love to little tiny pieces. It'll be out in the US on November, which is useless for me in the UK, but it means I can import Region 1 DVDS.

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 09-30-2004, 04:06 PM   #88
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Well, the penguins havent been around for a while, so I think we should go back to the automated cafe-cleaners! All in favor?
Old 09-30-2004, 05:46 PM   #89
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Dron_Cah:
Well, the penguins havent been around for a while, so I think we should go back to the automated cafe-cleaners! All in favor?
Aye! This place is falling apart! ::kicks out a window randomly::

Anyway, I'm not sure I should be labelled a FAN per se, Kaltia...just a humble observer...anyway, pleasure to meet ya.

Well, darn the luck...my weekend, due to my bad luck, will be filled with roleplaying! lol

I do wish Sarah could have come visit me, though...oh well, we'll catch up eventually...

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 09-30-2004, 05:57 PM   #90
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Well, man, you just ruined her arguement! Fine, I'll call myself a fan. No introductions needed, as I do remember ya! [img]smile.gif[/img]