Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2003, 03:41 PM   #1
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

I would like to get a team together for the Undermountain.

I was wondering if the members here at IW would like to get a perminent team together for the Undermountain and get Ziroc to join as a team member or as the DM once A week or once every other week.
That way we could actually Roleplay the Undermountain and work as a true team With a couple of Tanks, a couple multi-class fighter/Clerics, one or two Rogue/Mages or Rogue/clerics or Arcane /Archers or what ever.
What I'm trying to do is get as many players as I can get together as well as the DM, for set dates and times that everybody can agree on, in order to play an orginized game.

AS long as you are signed up here as A member of Ironworks you are welcome to join our team and the more members that join the better.

We could all regester 3 or 4 days before each session and let the other team members know what PC they would be bringing that week and the name of their PC. That way everyone would know who was who and weather they were on the team or someone from the internet just passing through.

The main thing would be to get Ziroc to go along with this. It is his game and his server after all.

First we need to deside on the time and dates we want to play.
Then we need to let every one know what PC they have ready or want to use on that date.

With The cat mans game it seems to require level 12 to 20 PC's of single or duel class to get threw the Dungeon. We should all take some thief skills into it as well, so we can get the chests and locked doors open.
WE also need someone with Healing Cleric skills and alot of high level Med packs that will follow the Tanks (that are doing the Hard bashing and taking the most damage)and keep them up to peak performance while fighting the Bone Golems and Red Dragon as well restoring the fighters minds that the liches and and others that use mind altering spells.

So what does everyone think? Who wants to join The Ironwork's Bergade? I sure would like to play on friday or saterday nights from 8:00pm to 2:00am.

EDIT BY MEMNOCH:
Please put in the times you are available, with a conversion to GMT to make it easier for all of us to work out. If you need help use this timezone converter - put in your city in the first window and leave the second one as GMT, and then put the times in the time box and then click on convert. I'll then update Crimsom's post with everyone's times. Cheers. - Mem

--------------
TIMES AVAILABLE:

- CrimsomBlade - Friday and Saturday nights 8pm - 2am USEST (12midnight - 6am GMT)
- Memnoch - Friday and Saturday nights 10pm - 2am AEST (12midday GMT - 4pm GMT)

[ 08-13-2003, 07:37 AM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]
Old 08-02-2003, 04:59 PM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

A VERY good idea CB. That way the team can actually plan to pick up a game and with the co-operation of Ziroc, be jumped to the level they last left off rather than starting all over again each time.
Old 08-02-2003, 09:11 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I would be interested and devoted, but do not want to be the team leader. I would also prefer to not be of the magic-using classes...because I am not good at them. I am best in melee fighting, archery, and defending others, or being the main tank. Who is leading, and what would you prefer me to be? What level? What equipment or weapons will you "not" allow me to have? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-02-2003, 09:22 PM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

By the way, would our team leader please register our clan here at the Official NWN group Registration? Thanks.
Old 08-02-2003, 09:30 PM   #5
Chewbacca
Zartan

I'm game! My normal group is out of seesion for a while, til next year. I usually have weekend nights available, but til I find a job ( hopefully soon) I am wide open time-wise.

I like spellcasters and/or rouges, but will play what's needed!

Q- is it going the in character roleplay route, or a more casual out of character type group? Its imporant to lay down the house rules about this before hand so expectations are clear.
Old 08-03-2003, 03:28 AM   #6
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Does there really have to be a 'leader'? This is usually the downfall of all clans...disagreement among people etc. up to a point where people just stop turning up. I talk from experience.

Why not just let the local moderators and CB (since he started the idea) post an anouncing thread and then let people add their names to the list. This thread would be in this forum of course and be called something like 'EFU clan registration'. A seperate post could then be made detailing the times of gathering. Both of these would probably do well as sticky posts here eh?

[ 08-03-2003, 03:29 AM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 08-03-2003, 01:52 PM   #7
Stratos
Vampire

How much commitment is required to join? I'm game as well but can only play every second weekend due to work and even then I might not join every time, it is after all early morning here when the server goes online.

If you need a Druid count me in. I've just 'discovered' this class and I have grown to like it very much. Decent melee, interresting special abilites and a perfect mix of healing, buffing and damaging spells. He can't raise dead though so it would be good if there was a Cleric in the group as well. The Druid is also the class I have most experience with.
Old 08-03-2003, 03:30 PM   #8
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

The Word "Team" is the leader, everybody that joins has equal power and can take the lead anytime in any game. If while playing someone wants to go explore something on his own thats cool! If someone is in the lead on a level and knows where he's going and wants the rest to follow, just stand up and say "follow me" and if we hear you we'll follow. The main Idea behind this team is Have fun and to try to take out "Zirocs" high level Monsters in Team efforts.

As for what class you should be:
That is totaly up to you. If everyone wants to be a 20th level Fighter then That's fine. If you want to be A 1st level hafling thief with a tack hammer for a weapon thats fine too, I just wouldn't run up to any Dragons and scream "Die sucker" because the only one thats going to die is you!
I would just like for this to be a YOUR choice Team you bring what ever PC you want, with what ever weapons he can use.

I personaly Like to use multi-class characters. I have become good with Magic and Multi-class's. I Like to use the classes; Fighter/Mage or Fighter/Mage/Cleric.Sometimes I like the Arcane Archer and even have a BlackGuard.
I do put the name Crimson Blade in everyone of my characters names, somewhere! that way everyone always knows who I am no matter what my PC is. This is why I wanted everyone to check in with what name they want to use and maybe we all could put something like [Chewbacca's PC = Kalina] and add IW at the end to make the name [Kalina of IW]. if this is O.K. with everyone? that way when we pass our curser over A PC or when we click on the Tab key we will see Our team members with IW at the end of their name and know we are following the right group.
one other thing, when we are in team mode before going to the next level we should wait for the team to all make it to the door down so that someone doesn't get stuck in a wall somewhere and then is left behind.

Back to the Leader thing I don't mind the job but would rather be considered the team Spokesman than the Team leader. Mainly because I have a big mouth and I'm not afraid to BUG "Ziroc" for time on the Undermountain even if he does have a life of his own. Remember he is the one that invited us to come use it. If anyone else wants the job don'tbe afraid to say so it's OK with me.

Larry_OHF has asked that we register with the Offical NWN group Registration so I'm going to put in the team name "The Ironworks Brigade" (spelled it correct this time) in the register.
So welcome to all that join and all classes and all levels are welcome. NO restrictions except for these: Fair play and follow the rules of the Ironworks and most of all Ziroc always has the final say in everything.

PS
I'm going to wait a day or two to register the name because, maybe somebody has a better name or just doesn't like the name I chose. Let me know in the next couple of days, if nobody says change the name then I'll use it. TCB

[ 08-03-2003, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: TheCrimsomBlade ]
Old 08-03-2003, 04:49 PM   #9
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Good point. Team Spokesman is better than team leader. We do need somebody in charge of the paperwork and lobbying the Z-man in Washington for our chance to kill creatures on his territory. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Currently, I am playing a guy named "Black Death". He's fun. I like pitting him against level 40 creatures with DM movement speed, but he still dies fast.

I also hope that this team will also be interested in playing through my mod. I will post something about it in the NWN forum.
Old 08-04-2003, 12:29 AM   #10
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

If you build it they will come!
It will give us a good place to play together when Ziroc is hideing in the cat house and won't answer our pleading to come out and play with us.

I really liked SpiritWarriors suggestion about not really needing a leader so, I came up with spokesman, that way I'm just the voice and not the whole body and if I don't happen to be able to go with everyone there won't be the problem of trying to figure out who is going to lead. It is more toward the team effort.
My E-Mail is in directory for everyone to E-mail me if they don't wish to be heard outloud. Feel free to use it if you need help or have any questions you don,t wish to post here

[ 08-04-2003, 12:30 AM: Message edited by: TheCrimsomBlade ]