Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 07-22-2003, 02:09 PM   #1
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

I have played through the main campaighn and the new expansion pack. I am looking for new mods to download, but I dont know what ones to get since there are so many out there. I have tried makeing my own , but I must not have the scripting gene cause I cant get my NPC's to walk waypoints or even just chat with my PC. I dont want to download a bunch and then spend hours wadeing through crap. So , anyone got any suggestions??
Old 07-22-2003, 02:56 PM   #2
GForce

Just the ones I tried so far:

Shadowlords
Dreamcatcher
The Vault
Witches Wake 1 and 2
Lone Wolf
Old 07-22-2003, 03:07 PM   #3
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Spires of Ravenloft is good. Dreamcatcher is great.
Old 07-22-2003, 03:14 PM   #4
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Two mods that are great for first level characters are these:

Shadowlords by Adam Miller (5 part series) - starts at level 1 for part 1 - finishes in part 5 around 8th lvl - and THEN continues in the Dreamcatcher series. Adam REALLY knows his stuff. Adam's mods are very well scripted, treasure is reasonable, and the dialogues are well done. This is a first rate series. [img]smile.gif[/img] (Oh and the first set, shadowlords IS compatible with SoU)

Also, Pool of Radiance is an another good mod. Not as good as Shadowlords, but still worth a look. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 04:22 PM   #5
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I liked the A Call for Heroes series, also well scripted, and fun to play. Beware starting out with anything below lvl 5.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 10:15 AM   #6
Chewbacca
Zartan

Amongst other lised here, The Lord Of Blight by Gestalt is an excellent series so far. The first one is a bit short and I havent finished chapter two yet. Its is more story driven than action. It features some excellent scripted cutscenes and an original take on conversations. It requires you play with a provided character, which made me skeptical at first, but turns out to be well worth it. The make-up of the character allows for customization of alignment based on choices as well as multi-class options. Definitely a first class series.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 04:02 PM   #7
Stratos
Vampire

All of these mods are on my 'must download'-list. I've just gotta finish the OC first. The mods I've tried this far are:

*Arandie -never finished, something messed up a quest
*The Way of the Open Hand -a mod for monks
*Elegia Eternum -story driven, short, all dialogues had voice over

[ 07-23-2003, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: Stratos ]
Old 07-23-2003, 09:00 PM   #8
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Sex and the Single Adventuress
Old 07-24-2003, 03:11 AM   #9
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Actually don't ask me why I didn't think of it but the best mod I've ever played was The Sunless Citadel. Absolutely fantastic and I'd rank this above the other two I previously mentioned. Jeff is a great designer in every respect, check it out and you'll see what I mean.

[ 07-24-2003, 03:13 AM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 07-25-2003, 09:41 AM   #10
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

What is the one I've heard people talking about, where you ride a dragon?