Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 09-10-2002, 11:41 PM   #1
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Ok so i'll admit this is my first time dong a mod, not my first time map making, coding, or even creating game mods before though, and I took an entire day to dedicate to this ting, 24 straight hours in a row... I don't want to make too many spoilers of it right now, but know that this is the mod that will confuse you, it will intise you, and though im not quite certain how to make NPCs give you things, I know that you'll get something out of this . I've been reading my books n' doin' my homework, from everything that I can see, this mod will rock! If anyone is interested in helping me beta test, feel free to Instant-Message me @ i_boswell@hotmail.com ^_^ thanks... OH and another thing: This mod will NOT end, I swear to you, as long as I continue to make levels it shall expand! now if anyone has any ideas on how to set up a chess game, feel free to fill me in, because this map has a chessboard in it, and i'm starting to code it *quite complicated* i'm sure this has been done before but i'm too busy to do any research + I don't feel like ripping off of anything, I'm also wondering if parts of this couldn't get into the undermountain project, some invoulve large ammounts of verticle combat, going uphill and also having to find your way through a room full of doors. all-in-all this is turning out to be a good mod, now if only i can ballance out the monster triggers without going overboard [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2002, 06:22 PM   #2
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Screenshots!

I'll do a write up on it after im done beta testing it... OH and don't try to use that picture of the maze to help you, it wont [img]tongue.gif[/img] It's only a small section of the whole thing and won't do you any good
Old 09-11-2002, 06:53 PM   #3
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

looks good dk, nice work... [img]tongue.gif[/img] btw, meant to be confusing hehe, be sure to post "map notes" ie, places on the map etc, its gets annoying when I have to do it myself from "in game" [img]tongue.gif[/img] lol, getting lost inst something I appreciate have fun!
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 07:42 PM   #4
Craig Alexander
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Bioware have already developed a chess module that you can use in your own module.

See www.neverwinternights.com for details

Cheers

Craig
Craig Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 08:32 PM   #5
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Thanks for the module and the comments, but i'm afraid i've just about finished the chess module [img]tongue.gif[/img] I hope everything works out...
Old 09-11-2002, 09:00 PM   #6
D W Washburn
Elite Waterdeep Guard

With an addy like yours I'm almost certain doors won't be the problem
Looks great and very exciting!

I am really surprised at the quickness and depth of this creation aspect in this game but am new to trying to create a module or anything like this.
Balance is a hard subject /)eath. I guess keeping track of your encounters based on what level you were combo level you encountered during the game wieghs alot. Story lines, triggers, spawn points, ITEMS, etc.. If you go back into the original D&D game you will find in most cases the DM's were a little more forgiving [img]smile.gif[/img] LoL!
I made a module that had a setting in a poisoned gassed up sewer with impossible winged beasts all around. A very nice treasure item if I beat them.

I got my 20th level Barbarion Half-Orc into the new mod only to be mopped up by my own creatures..
Having my confidence up there from being able to "Knockdown" most anything in the game to this. So imho I say concentrate more on story line and wonderful scenery as you have got and have fun in that aspect.
I hope "Billy" and his friend make it to where they are going!

Hot bowl of soup and a shave
D W Washburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 02:30 PM   #7
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

well the chess thing is done that took about half a day to code...

If you want any more updates, I'll tell you that i've added an entirley new quest to the game, it's rather short and to the point, but it invoulves some heavy encironmental re-sizing hehe... One minute you're talking to a halfling, the next, a giant halfling hehe... I also made sure to put it close to the main hall so people could go straight to it if they wanted, I also noticed alot of people who've been beta testing it online with me have a feeling of... well... being a small person in a gigantic world. When I played the mod with my Ranger I had a similar feeling come over me. Though the world itself was quite organized, it seemed daunting to try to get from one place to another, if it wasn't the distance factor then it was something else. The plot itself if mainly centered around the point of the game itself. I was inspired alot by console games [img]tongue.gif[/img] . "Why is there a key sitting untouched at the top of a tower that unlocks great secrets?" "Because the last guy who made it to to the top PUT it there..." "OK..."

[img]tongue.gif[/img] The New quest, however, has a fairly differint feeling to it, making the player feel lost and in a strange world, I put in some humorouse and familiar infrances to make them feel more at-home in the strange world, but I noticed a great deal of them were actually in desperation to get out of the quest because it was scaring them to save their characters [img]tongue.gif[/img] "I don't wanna' be small anymore!" one fellow said. Another replied "AAAH! LOOK OUT! HOUSE SPIDERS! FLEAS! ANTS! THEY'RE GIGANTIMUS!" [img]tongue.gif[/img] My favorite NPC has got to be "Shadow...*flute plays* the Ninja...*gong*" because he forces the player to get caught up in his suspensefullness, but after bombarding the player with about 3 paragraphs of it or so the PC finally tells him to start finishing his scentences like a normal human being [img]tongue.gif[/img]

OH and by the way... Billy, and his freind (Named Insideouse Kid 6.7) are actually the portrayers of the villians. Though they are only observers who are here to warn you, you really want to lob their little heads off, too bad it doesnt let you, doing so will make a swarm of little children beat up on you [img]tongue.gif[/img] I also like some of the traps i've placed, they are in the places you'd least expect them to, be warey, as they will probably turn you into things you'd rather not be turned into I was amazed as to how niceley Bioware had set up the voice packs to be used for a great number of scenarios without too many "Specific plot items" being mentioned...

more screenshots [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Before and After photos?
Ok... I've shrunk and gone to hell...
Looks like he's brewin' up some draft evil...
The Kid is back!
She'll kill you with her toenail clippings!
With freinds like these...
My kind of bride's maids...

[ 09-12-2002, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: /)eathKiller ]