Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2001, 11:15 PM   #1
Balor
Dungeon Master

Ok, I know that my people are "Good" but that doesn't mean that that pretty lil' sword in the window couldn't be mine.. But, the fact of the matter is that Yoshimo doesn't seem to have ANY luck stealing from shops (especially from Bernard). I went to the theif above that guy who is wanting "20,000" coin from me and bough as many items to increase my thievery stats.. (Heck, I had my pick pocketing skills well above 200%!!) and still!!!! Bernard stupid pudgey butt cought me!!!

HELP!

[This message has been edited by Balor (edited 06-14-2001).]
Old 06-15-2001, 12:03 AM   #2
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

This might seem a bit obvious, and I may have misunderstood your question, but make sure that Yoshimo is selected when you are at the stealing screen. What I do is to select my thief (Jan) and get him to initiate a conversation with the merchant.

Use a potion of master thievery if you have one. Apart fromthis I can't think of anything else.

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc
Old 06-15-2001, 12:05 AM   #3
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

BTW, welcome to the board!

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc
Old 06-15-2001, 12:09 AM   #4
Balor
Dungeon Master

Thnx.. oh and how did i get this neat pic and that water deep thingy? Oh but ill have Yoshimo being the ONLY person in the shop/tavern and still the rat Bast.. ummm.. jerk catches me. I drink Potions of master thievery (3 actualy! they are cumualative) and he gets cought..

I'm just curious..
Old 06-15-2001, 12:11 AM   #5
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

If he's still getting caught after quaffing 3(!) potions, then I can't help you mate. Sorry.
Old 06-15-2001, 12:13 AM   #6
Balor
Dungeon Master

Oh, well thanks.. maby fortune doesn't want me to get some cool stuff... But any ways.. i have to kill that big red Jerk of a dragon..... >
Old 06-15-2001, 01:14 AM   #7
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

spoiler
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
' on the top floor of the copper coronet theres a guy who talks about being a retired pickpocket.... in the dresser theres Gloves of pick-picketing.... youll have to pick the lock to get them.

------------------
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-15-2001, 03:19 AM   #8
Desuma_Malevois

Sometimes it's tough to slip anything past Bernard. Even though you've got your pickpocketing skill way up there, there are some (undocumented) minuses to your chances based on his level, which IIRC is pretty high for a lowly barkeep. Also, the program generates a number to determine whether you've succeeded or not, but if you keep trying for the same thing after each reload and nothing else changes then the same number is generated each time!

First, you (obviously) need to save before and after each theft attempt, and if one of your tries is unsuccessful, then after reloading do something to make the program generate another number - for example, either try to steal a different item or have someone try to hide in shadows. This admittedly cheesy technique has always worked for me and I didn't have to boost Yoshi's chances up to near the level that you have - I find that having him drink 3 Potions of Master Thievery does the trick.

Old 06-15-2001, 04:34 AM   #9
Gimmick
Dungeon Master

Some shopkeepers are harder to steal from than others. Bernard just happens to be more prone to catching you that most.
Old 06-15-2001, 09:25 AM   #10
Balor
Dungeon Master

Thanks People. I'll be sure to try some of that stuff....

------------------
Yeah, Yeah Yeah I know I can't Spell. So don't ask me what I just wrote!!