Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-16-2004, 04:57 AM   #1
spydar

Arrow

why is it when I have all the time in the world I'm so head-bashingly bored, but when I have homework coming out the you-know-what I can find a million other things to do that always seem so much more important than even the most pressing homework assignment (*cough*20pg paper*cough*due wednesday*cough*). why? because my Karma Gods are on crack and like to make me their own personal gag reel, that's why.

I need a freak-out before I can actually get homework done. that happen to anyone else?

[ 11-16-2004, 04:58 AM: Message edited by: spydar ]
Old 11-16-2004, 05:30 AM   #2
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Lol, I can never find anything to do, unless there is something to do [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Especially when it was homework
Old 11-16-2004, 05:48 AM   #3
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

same with me .

Catch me if you can..
Old 11-16-2004, 07:19 AM   #4
Callum
Symbol of Cyric

Indeed... Same here! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2004, 07:28 AM   #5
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

For just regular homework or labs, I'm pretty good about getting it done early and out of the way.

Big projects and/or papers, however, must be put off until the last possible minute. Always.

The time between now and the completion of a project tends to become constant ...
Old 11-16-2004, 10:18 AM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

A variant of Murphy's law states that all projects will expand to fill the time available for them. So if you start early, you will end up doing more (and still cramming at the end of it).

Personally, I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

I think that's from Dilbert, but it could be someone else... IOW, not my words, but my philosophy.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 11-16-2004, 03:01 PM   #7
Sigmar
Unicorn

HAHAHA!

*remembers when he spent 29 hours awake working in order to complete the two 10,000 word courseworks for his I.T GCSE*

I've never been the same since.

And yes, I have the horrible habit of putting everything off 'till the last second, as I have a mental block that prevents me from doing otherwise. (though this year I seem to be breaking the horrible habit)

In other words, I sympathise with what you're saying!
Old 11-16-2004, 03:22 PM   #8
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
A variant of Murphy's law states that all projects will expand to fill the time available for them. So if you start early, you will end up doing more (and still cramming at the end of it).
Nah, I don't find that's the case. I think you do do more work (but often get better marks because of it ), but I personally have never had to stay up the night before an assignment's due to finish it.

You may want to look into a useful new activity, Spydar - it's called constructive procrastination, or "constructination" for those most intimate with it . This involves not actually doing the work, but doing "work-like activities" that resemble work but aren't, or are trivial parts of the work. This way, you're not working, but you feel more virtuous because you are "working"
Old 11-16-2004, 03:34 PM   #9
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Ah, yes, I know that method, well!
Old 11-16-2004, 03:53 PM   #10
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:

*remembers when he spent 29 hours awake working in order to complete the two 10,000 word courseworks for his I.T GCSE*
Uh oh!

I started my GCSE's this year, and I took Applied I.T. After choosing the course I found out we're supposed to do an hour at home for every hour at school!
Hopefully I won't have to do this 10,000 word coursework that your talking about, it sounds like a procrastinators worst nightmare!

I can relate to the "leave stuff till the last minute" thing. That reminds me, I have Applied IT homework to hand in tomorrow, better get started eh?