Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 06-16-2003, 04:37 PM   #1
Link
Jack Burton

Arrow

Now I reckon you'll all know what happens when you click the tombstone below the oblisk in Nashkel??
SPOILER!! (just in case)
~
~
~
~
~
~
I didn't at first hand, so when I was reading the tombstones one by one (because frankly speaking they are quite funny) and that weird dude showed up, called Daer'Ragh, I was like: what the hell...? And he told me not to do that again. Stupid command, that, because everyone will only do it again, when someone says that. So I did it again, he came again, said the same, and I figured I should give it another go (keep the faith, just like with Noober!). He showed up again, and I already had summoned skeletons just in case. He talked to me, and then ... HOLY CRAP!!! He summoned some weird creatures, called Phoenix Guards, who die and explode in fire... VAWOOF!! Entire party was dead, so I figured I should kill the guy before he talked to me, just to see what happened.
I cornered the spot where he arrived with some summoned skeletons, and he couldn't escape. Then I continued to hack at him (he didn't turn hostile.. wowee!!) with the skeletons and Immy using her bow. Well, he died alright, but only when I delivered about 80 HP of damage, or something like it. And what did I get? A lousy 10 XP and he only had 58 GP with him. What a lousy bastard!!!
After reading @ Gamebanshee that in fact he was a vampire (I wanted to know what had happened) I just expected more of this. [img]graemlins/1disgust.gif[/img] Bah! Stupid vamps! Why not give me something that I can use, when you die!!

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 08:51 PM   #2
Sir Heinrich Godfrie IV
Zhentarim Guard

Yeh, he's not worth didilee SQUAT!

He is merely one the many 'easter eggs' you can find in the game.

Some have said that the only worth that this battle has, is as means to test your fighting tactics and skills.

It's been atleast a year since I fought he and his Phoenix Guards, so can't remember exactly how I did it, but it most likely involved cheese.
Old 06-17-2003, 01:41 AM   #3
Link
Jack Burton

Yeah, those guys are almost ubeatable. Rising from their ashes, exploding in flames when they die.. I tried it several times, but gave up on them, when I died for the umpth time in a row.

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 03:05 AM   #4
InsaneBane
Baaz Draconian

SPOILER
Ok - here is the cheese [img]smile.gif[/img]
Equip your best fighter with ring of fire protection (and helm of protection if you have it). place your party in one of the houses. Make your wizard cast a fire protection spell on the fighter with the fire protection equipment. Let the fighter touch the tomb stone and handle the fight, while the rest of the party stays indoor.

Your fighter would actually get healed by the fire balls. Move around at the main street to be sure that one of the fire balls takes out Oeblek and some of the city guards. You do not receive any penalty for doing so, because it is the phoenix guards that make the kills. When completed loot Oeblek for 3000Gp

[img]graemlins/greenbounce.gif[/img]
Insane
Old 06-17-2003, 03:30 AM   #5
Jan

Cheese no doubt Insane.

Should have tested my skills against the phoenix guards. A mistake that I didn't.
Old 06-17-2003, 05:52 AM   #6
Whailor

Well, I used in the past those guards for some extra XP hehe.. Fire protection ring, spell buff, potion buff - and the fire will actually heal you. But soon enough I need more XP then they were worth per kill, not to mention some of them ran away when they went berserk and paniced and accidentally burned to ashes almost all the guards in the town, many peasants and Minsc and Oublec included. Whoops...