Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2003, 01:44 PM   #1
Tyrion
Quintesson

Spoiler

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

I was in Charwood and i found the deamon guilty of the childkilling. I did'nt want him to walk free, so i made all of them stay. Is that the right thing to do if my alignment is good?
Old 02-21-2003, 04:53 PM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Spoiler

That's not what the designers had envisioned as the "best" choice at least based on the xp. Slaying the demon and finding the mage brother guilty is the path I took. For grins I also tried out the alternate paths of convicting the other brother, and of convicting the demon. The xp in both of these cases was lower than that of my original choice.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 05:06 PM   #3
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Exp Exp Exp.. Theres more to life than Exp!! Where are your morales!! Whatever happend to doing things in the name of good!? [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Beaumanoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 07:58 AM   #4
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Beuamanoir,

I took the path I felt was right for my alignment (LG) the first time through - which was killing the demon and convicting the mage brother. I simply replayed to test out the alternate paths and then reloaded my original choice. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I wonder though if the xp rewards ARE dependent on your characters alignment. The way that the "judgement" quest plays out, one could argue that a CE character would convict the YOUNGER brother, take the item from the demon and release the older brother (mage)! I'll bet that it doesn't play out that way though, and that the xp rewards are NOT dependent on your alignment and the decision that you make. That's not very satisfactory .....

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 10:54 PM   #5
koconnor100
The Magister

You can kill the demon ?

I never tried that. I just got his testimony and then he vanished before I could do anything else. (patch 1.28)

Yeah , I found the undead brother guilty. He may have been lied to by the demon, but still, he did decide to murder the kids, and he did actually carry out the murder...(and he lied his a** off to me at every opportunity) so that was pretty much it for him.
Old 03-04-2003, 05:39 AM   #6
Whailor

Yes, you can kill the demon. Do not cast protection spells on and then summon him and he will attack. I killed him and found the lich brother quilty (tried all cases later). Silly demon, when he came he said "Ha, fool, you forgot to cast protection spells!", I just said "Ha, fool, that's the idea!" and.. down he went, like a wet paper sack.