Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2003, 10:19 PM   #31
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Feral:
I take Dundee's point about needing to know your enemy, but I think that your own spelltrap adds an icon to your portrait, doesn't it?
If you play the way I do (since I can't say for the others), your portrait will end up having more icons than it can hold. Thus, your Spell Trap may run out and you will be none the wiser because you could not see the icon in the first place anyway.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 10:39 PM   #32
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Leslie:
You mean for you or for everyone on the planet ?
The programmer of the mod obviously thinks different and so do I and so do many other guys who use it. Since you are Dundee Slaytern you have a lot of credibility and experience and some guy (newbie, ...) might just ignore the mod just beacuse Dundee said it sucked.
The more power you have the greater responsability, right ?
Soooo the next time I disagree with something I should say nary a word coz Heaven forbid that Dundee Slaytern expresses his opinion for fear that it will taint another member's point of view? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

In the end, it is up to the individual whether he/she wants to install the mod or not. Said individual should also have access to multiple sources of opinions least he/she suffers the same fate as a hardcore Fox News viewer.

When I express an opinion, I do it as a fellow player. I never flaunt my knowledge pompously. Yes, I do talk about my achievements now and then, but I never shove them into people's faces because that would be just lame.

I am not always right, and will never claim to be. Newbies have rightfully corrected me before, and I accept it. You have the right to express your opinion, I have the right to express mine; so long as both of us and everyone else for that matter, abide by the Rules & Regulations.

Cheers.
Old 10-24-2003, 04:02 AM   #33
Whailor

I just "saved" up the cloak file from original game and then replaced the "adjusted" one with it. Cloak of Cheese? Bah. It was made so to be in the game by the game creator, so it's good enough for me. Now if I would have made it myself and added to the game, or someone else would, then yeah, cheesy stuff for me as well. But, since it was added by the game developer, it then is good enough for me.

Besides, speaking of cheese, the game is full of it anyway and especially the casters in the game. Talk about cheese and rule bending/breaking or outright cheating. So my little cloak is just the "lesser evil" here and balances these disparities quite well, and still remains as a "lesser evil" when compared to the rest of the stuff in the game. So, long live 'pre-nerf' Cloak of Mirroring!
Old 10-24-2003, 08:13 PM   #34
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Whailor:
~~ It was made so to be in the game by the game creator, so it's good enough for me. ~~
The same game creators who *GASP!* nerfed the Cloak of Mirroring as well in ToB. So what is your point?
Old 10-28-2003, 04:04 PM   #35
Boutte
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Sukodin:
I think with all the other things that can be affected by that MoD, I will just stick to taking it off when I am not using it.
Good Idea.