Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2006, 09:19 PM   #1
Arvon
Unicorn

The March of Science

(1) Researchers from the Institute for Regenerative Medicine at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center announced in May that they had grown a fully functional, artificial penis from a rabbit (using his own genes), which they hoped would lead to future development of a human penis, for men with birth defects, body trauma or cancer. (2) Ambreed New Zealand introduced in June a go-cart-like machine for ranchers to gather sperm from bulls. A driver maneuvers the vehicle, designed to resemble a cow, so that the bull can mount it. The driver waits patiently until the bull is done and then drives away with the sperm so that manual extraction is no longer required. [Fox News, 5-23-06] [Reuters, 6-14-06]

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Arvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:27 PM   #2
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Arvon:
(2) Ambreed New Zealand introduced in June a go-cart-like machine for ranchers to gather sperm from bulls. A driver maneuvers the vehicle, designed to resemble a cow, so that the bull can mount it. The driver waits patiently until the bull is done and then drives away with the sperm so that manual extraction is no longer required. [Fox News, 5-23-06] [Reuters, 6-14-06]
[img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img] I keep picturing the driver, trying to read a magazine, praying the collection bag doesn't burst... [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
VulcanRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:12 AM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Not me... I'm sure the bag has enough *capacity*.

The driver's riding in a go-cart. A go-cart! Imagine what protection that offers if the bull suddenly decides he'd like a change in scenery... nothing!

A few years ago, I talked with a guy who sold products to farmers. He related the story of being at a pig breeder where they had a piece of leather mounted to a couple of boards. They'd bring in a boar, who would get all excited at the sight of the leather contraption. The boar would go to town on the leather, and one of the workers would give a "manual assist" from the other side. The sales guy was asked if he wanted to give it a try, and to keep the customer, did.

Made me awful glad I work with computers that day...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 04:36 PM   #4
Captain Obvious
Elminster

Penguin Bashing Champion Simon Champion Snakeman Champion
Before this go-kart idea they used to have to use a 'teaser' bull - that was a bull that didnt have good genes and was no good for breeding. they literally made the bull look like a hot cow, and the 'good' bull would get all excited, try to mount the teaser and away you go.

A friend of mine was auditing Ambreed and had to go and watch - she was quite shocked!
Old 07-11-2006, 05:58 PM   #5
Q'alooaith
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
(1) Researchers from the Institute for Regenerative Medicine at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center announced in May that they had grown a fully functional, artificial penis from a rabbit (using his own genes), which they hoped would lead to future development of a human penis, for men with birth defects, body trauma or cancer.
They've also done sucessful transplants of these home grown organs in mice already, and shown that the mice are able to become sexualy active and even reproduce after they are given the new penises.

I know three people who are desperate for this to get devloped further, and eventualy used in people without fully functioning members, like themselves.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:13 PM   #6
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

I sense a whole new kinds of emails...
"Don't enlarge your penis! REPLACE IT!"
Old 07-11-2006, 06:59 PM   #7
Arvon
Unicorn

I'm wondering what kind of sales catalog they'll have. Gee just think of the options.

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Arvon is offline   Reply With Quote