Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2001, 07:38 AM   #221
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Ahhhhhhh let me answer that one Donut ,

From a true QLDer, who just happens to live in WA, I will be HAPPY to tell you who won the deciding State of Origin. After cooking a wonderful pork roast, and a beautiful dinner for two (first date - she is QLDer and Chemical Engineer too ), we took to the couch to watch the match. OH NO, the mighty Maroons drop the kick off, and the Cockroaches score in the first minute. Dilemna for Davr, do I turn off this match before it becomes a tear jerker, and go back to dazzling her with my charm, or do we dare watch on???

We talked for a while, and then the QLD tries just started to flow - Alfie was back to his brilliant best, bamboozling the defence, and try after try followed. Even better, I was getting a kiss and a cuddle every time. Just a pity they only racked up 40 odd points . What a fantastic night - even better than the 2nd Rugby test .

------------------
Old 07-10-2001, 07:49 AM   #222
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Don't worry Davros - I didn't read it

Can anyone tell me who won the last State of Origin game - I think I missed it

Touche! I'll ease up on you, Donut old mate, because after all you went easy on me after you guys fluked the first rugby Test.

I've heard rumors that Steve McManaman is leaving Real Madrid after their signing of Zidane and is joining Tottenham - is this true?!?

------------------
Old 07-10-2001, 07:52 AM   #223
Donut
Jack Burton

I have taken a second look at your ode and would like to make a couple of comments.

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
It has been strangely quiet here in the halls of Rugby - our pal Donut has not graced us with his presence . So, I have composed a poem in memory of him - please enjoy .

ODE to DONUT

There was an Ancient Donut, I AM NOT ANCIENT!!!!!!!!
A man of trusting soul
Quick to feet, with loud applause
When the Gooners score a goal

An all round British sportsman NICE INSULT!!!!!!

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Old 07-10-2001, 08:02 AM   #224
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Touche! I'll ease up on you, Donut old mate, because after all you went easy on me after you guys fluked the first rugby Test.

I've heard rumors that Steve McManaman is leaving Real Madrid after their signing of Zidane and is joining Tottenham - is this true?!?

No need to ease up Memnoch - being ribbed by you is like being savaged by a dead sheep!

No fluke in the 1st test - we have outplayed you for 3 halves of rugby - one bad pass from Jonny Wilkinson and you got your confidence back. As for going easy on you - you were conspicuous by your absence

Tottenham are pretty desperate at the moment - I think they would sign me if they got the chance. You will see lots of names being bandied about - it's just to keep the fans happy. They can afford good players now they got all that money for Sol If you want to see true vitriol take a look at some of the Tottenham websites, they are talking bullets in the back of the head and slitting Campbell's throat. An effigy of Sol Campbell was lynched outside their ground. Apparently over 500 Campbell shirts were sold at the Asrenal shop at the weekend - it's the most popular shirt ever!

It's good to know that when I finish grinding you Aussies down I can return to North London and carry on with the Spurs supporters

------------------

Old 07-10-2001, 08:24 AM   #225
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hey Donut,

I'm surprised that it took you a couple of goes to spot the ANCIENT and ALL ROUND thrusts - I really thought you were more sharper than that me ole matey . And what's this about grinding Aussies down LOL. Here we go, here we go, here we goooooo.... it's the oooonlyyyy song I knnnooowwwww. Oh, you probably have already caught on to the fact that Memsie lives in NSW -cockroach country .

------------------
Old 07-10-2001, 08:27 AM   #226
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Hey Donut,

I'm surprised that it took you a couple of goes to spot the ANCIENT and ALL ROUND thrusts - I really thought you were more sharper than that me ole matey . And what's this about grinding Aussies down LOL. Here we go, here we go, here we goooooo.... it's the oooonlyyyy song I knnnooowwwww. Oh, you probably have already caught on to the fact that Memsie lives in NSW -cockroach country .

Yes I knew where he lives. I was using the old Colonial trick - divide and conquer

------------------

Old 07-10-2001, 08:41 AM   #227
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Ah Donut,

But we are united against the "old foe" you realise. Now, you have skirted around the topic long enough - we are looking for your thoughts on :

1) Steve Waugh's captaincy?
2) Gilchrest's dashing innings?
3) Doughboy - is he back or what?????
4) Will the weather be fickle enough to deny OZ "The Sweep"?
5) How many tests will make it into the 5th day.

Tune in everybody, to see Donut's answers (feel free to join in Staraflur)!!!

------------------
Old 07-10-2001, 08:43 AM   #228
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Ah Donut,

But we are united against the "old foe" you realise. Now, you have skirted around the topic long enough - we are looking for your thoughts on :

1) Steve Waugh's captaincy?
2) Gilchrest's dashing innings?
3) Doughboy - is he back or what?????
4) Will the weather be fickle enough to deny OZ "The Sweep"?
5) How many tests will make it into the 5th day.

Tune in everybody, to see Donut's answers (feel free to join in Staraflur)!!!

Please don't hold your breath while you are waiting

------------------

Old 07-10-2001, 08:43 AM   #229
Ziroc

You may want to close this thread now, I don't want to lose it or have it get corrupt. Create a new one if ya want, and continue there. Just to be safe.

Thanks,

------------------
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 07-10-2001, 09:16 AM   #230
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

As requested! I'll close this one.

New thread here.

------------------