Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-29-2001, 07:52 AM   #11
AngelofDeath
Drizzt Do'Urden

It looks to me, that I have misunderstood how to use Keldorn, I guess I will have to restart the game. Now that My eyes have been opened, thank you DeathKnight, jabidas, zNOVAz, and Sorcerer Alex......now who do I surround him with?.....I am a Sorcerer.....

------------------
Old 08-29-2001, 08:05 AM   #12
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by AngelofDeath:
It looks to me, that I have misunderstood how to use Keldorn, I guess I will have to restart the game. Now that My eyes have been opened, thank you DeathKnight, jabidas, zNOVAz, and Sorcerer Alex......now who do I surround him with?.....I am a Sorcerer.....

er Edwin won't be a good idea..
unless you give keldorn the helmet of alligment change (only availible with SK) and make him CE - will give a great story too

ehm Imoen, Valygar, Anomen (if you can stand him), Jan and you
or as evil

you, Edwin, Viconia, Korgan, and Jan

------------------

OMG I have no Arms
Wait I don't have a body either

Old 08-29-2001, 12:17 PM   #13
daan
Silver Dragon

Edwin is nOT a good idea ? uh oh,
:
this is my party now, and i DONT want to change it .. :
Monk (me)
jan
edwin
keldorn
viconia
mazzy

I've only had Keldorn for 5 minutes now, and he's enjoying himself quite a bit so it seems (" I'm very satisfied with the party's course up to this moment" .. or something like that)
Is it time to think about another "perfect party", i REALLY hope not
Old 08-29-2001, 12:47 PM   #14
AngelofDeath
Drizzt Do'Urden

I think you need Edwin, if you yourself are not a mage. Other wise if you are, you don't

------------------
Old 08-29-2001, 01:02 PM   #15
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by daan:
Edwin is nOT a good idea ? uh oh,
:
this is my party now, and i DONT want to change it .. :
Monk (me)
jan
edwin
keldorn
viconia
mazzy

I've only had Keldorn for 5 minutes now, and he's enjoying himself quite a bit so it seems (" I'm very satisfied with the party's course up to this moment" .. or something like that)
Is it time to think about another "perfect party", i REALLY hope not

Edwin is Evil that's the only downside
Except for that he's the best
If i play with NPC's i always take him
even if i'm a sorcerer

------------------

OMG I have no Arms
Wait I don't have a body either

Old 08-29-2001, 04:51 PM   #16
deathknight
Drow Warrior

You should be able to have Edwin and Keldorn in the same party. If you are getting messages from Keldorn that he is happy with the party etc then you are more risking Edwin being pissed than keldorn (I assume that since you are getting that message that you have a high rep?).

as for who to put with Keldorn AngelOfDeath who else is in your party? I like to put Anomen in the party and give him a shield. he can get a nice AC that way. more than anything though I like to have tons of summoned creatures to take damage and then let guys like keldorn zero right in on the mages and prime targets while the summoned monsters take the hits. Its better off to go with the monsters that last a long time (aeriel servant,raise dead etc) instead of spells like monster summoning. Actually skeleton warriors are great onceyou can summon them. they are super durable and have high magic resistance. the perfect cannon fodder to stand next to keldorn in a fight. Typically I try and make my summoned grunts enter the fight first. this gets alot of attention on them and leaves my melee guys free to zero in on whomever they want to.
Old 08-29-2001, 04:52 PM   #17
deathknight
Drow Warrior

also if you have do not already have carsomyr you will want to get that in Keldorn's hands ASAP. he is quite useful without it but that sword takes him to a whole new level...
Old 08-29-2001, 05:10 PM   #18
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

He was my strongest tank by the end of my game. I gave him the gauntlets of dexterity and a certain righteously vengeful sword, and he kicked A$$.

My only complaint on Keldorn is that he is not a team player. I know I'm kinda asking for it by having a paladin and a dark elf in the same party, but he tried to kill Viconia 5 or 6 times and forced me to reload every time.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 08-29-2001, 05:36 PM   #19
oldbittercraig
Elminster

I've got Keldorn in my party decked out with Carsomyr, the Gauntlets of Dex, Girdle of ?Hill? Giant Strength (st=19), and some magical plate- he's tearing it up.
Old 08-30-2001, 05:51 AM   #20
daan
Silver Dragon

well, i tryed walking around shouting out :
"here carsomyr, come here carsy, fwwwweeeeeeeettt, come on baby, here !"
But that didnt work, so where do i get carsomyr ?

tryed the dog-kennel too, you'd expect they have swords there, but no, they called the police bastids !!!

Kill A Man, You're A Murderer
Kill a Country, you're a Conquerer
Kill the world, and You're a GoD !!!